Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3Gun  Carrier

racine

I'm looking for ideas to carry all this equipment around the range that goes both up and down hill.  I hate banging rifle and shotgun on my shoulders while carrying holster/ammo carriers/mags and my shooting bag.  I have seen some pretty nifty 4wheel wagons but can't seem to get info from those persons about what/where.  Is there some rule about whether the long guns face skyward or at a 30-90 degree angle during transport or is this moot  if safety chamber flags are used???  As usual any and all info would be greatly appreciated by this shooter and the 5 new 3 gunners I introduced to the sport...

Thank you,

Racine

We use a Berlin Wagon for our shooting gear.  It really wasn't big enough for 2 long guns... so we're getting the trailer :-)

Here's 2 really good websites that have "Red Wagons".

http://www.needak.com - this one has the best selection

http://wagonlady.com - she has the Berlin's at the cheapest prices

http://www.redwagons.com - this is Radio Flyer's website

Good luck!

Virtually all the dangerous desperados in Cowboy Action at our club use modified hand trucks.  The guns always point up.  They put boxes around the base for ammo & other bricabrac.  

There's a lot of these made pre-fab for Sporting clays.  Most of them come in the form of modified golf bag carts.  They don't come cheap however - they run about $350-400.  I'll look one up if you're really interested.  

I've often thought of just stuffing my guns into my golf bag and wondering if anyone would notice.  :)

E

Thanks much!  Now that I've found the web site, would you care to share what you do to the wagons to hold 2 long guns?  I tried the golf bag trick but my pistol gripped 223 kept holding up and the windage even got moved pulling it out.   It worked for all the stuff except the pistol grips so maybe another adaptation may work.

Eric, could you share where the sporting clays website is???  Again thanks for the great tips.   I'll start looking at the wagons but would still appreciate other ideas too.

DVC,

Racine

Amazingly enough, the latest copy of Sporting Clays appeared in my mailbox today.  

Range Boy Gun Carts

800-830-8051

$349 + ship

Depressingly enough, they don't list a URL.  Think about rolling your own cart.  It's what the cowboys do....

:)

E

Ya think?  Nah... that would be too easy.  They might even actually start selling some of them.  Then they'd have to start getting up early... actually going to work.  No.  Definitely better this way.  If people really want these things they're gonna haff to work for 'em, by gum

Homero   bat.gif

has anyone tried the one with the long handle in the back? does it actually work, seems like it would be akward to me.

how do the people that shoot 3 gun here transport their gear, kellyn shoots 3 gun a lot i bet he has a trick set up as would TGO.

i guess i may just design my own and build it... gotta do something this summer.

I have a Radio Flyer #29 wagon. I just went to the gun shop and bought gun racks for pickups and mounted them on the sides of the wagon. The guns are horizontal.  Last weekend 3-gun was it's first outing and everything worked ok. Nobody said anything about the guns muzzle not being pointed up. I kept the guns actions open. That is as safe or safer than somebody carrying guns in a closed case where you don't know if they are loaded or not. Time will tell how it will work out. I had 3 long guns, 2 gun bags, a cooler and plenty of ammo. Next time I will take chairs and a bigger cooler.

Bill Nesbitt

• 7 months later...

I shoot a practical rifle course every other month or so run by a bunch of Jarines who insist on having muzzle at 90 degrees at all times or in a locked case with the bolt locked back.  My question is... for USPSA 3 gun what is the general rule?  I frequently see people using Radio flyers with the muzzles  pointed everywhich way, hand trucks with the muzzles pointed 45 degrees  towards the shooter when moving,  and shooters with rifle slung over the shoulders muzzle up and muzzle down?  Which is the MOST ACCEPTED way for USPSA 3gun, if you excuse my lack of experience here?  I had used a golf cart till someone complained that he couldn't see the bolt locked back and that the muzzle was at 45 degrees towards me?  I'd sure appreciate any and all help here.

Thanks in Advance,

Racine

I'm curious, too...having shot CAS for years, I know their "vertical/horizontal/cased/uncased" debate has been going on for a long time, with disastrous results for everyone but the makers of those neat Cowboy Carts.

And...the best way to deal with Jyrines is to throw a handful of sand against a brick wall and yell "hit the beach"....

Alex