Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 Legal Date

zhunter

USPSA Production Legal Date  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

45 minutes ago, Richc2048 said:

Uspsa forum. This was a conversation revolving around the FN. aren't there 2k shadow 2's available world wide? It should have been approved prior to it being available in the United States. Are there really less than 2k world wide?

2000 in USA, Troy has written this in a couple different publications in the last two or three months. I'm not sure if the rule was changed after the 5/3/2013 email above, or if the topic Troy was responding was rules for IPSC or something else, or if Troy has changed his interpretation.

Also not sure if anyone has submitted the gun or the paperwork to him.

Seems like there were 10 different places selling the guns on gun broker and I got a back in stock notice from Hinterland Outfitters, you would expect that it will not be that long. 

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 3/8/2017 at 11:57 AM, cheby said:

Matt Hopkins said that he was planning on shooting Shadow 2 this season. Looks like he was expecting the gun to be added to the list in time. I hope he was correct

He DID shoot it at Cowtown last weekend.  I ran him on stage 2.  Hmm, so the Shadow 2 was NOT on Production list - But our MD gave him a pass I guess :huh:

11 hours ago, extremist said:

He DID shoot it at Cowtown last weekend.  I ran him on stage 2.  Hmm, so the Shadow 2 was NOT on Production list - But our MD gave him a pass I guess :huh:

L-10 Champion!

9 minutes ago, cheby said:

wondering how many they have received then

Would certainly be nice to know if we are getting close.  Either way they are screwing the pooch on the entire USA roll out.  Big business  fail from CZ in my opinion... for how long it took to show up in the states they should have made sure before scheduling the first import that they had 2000 targeted for shipment.  it was built specifically for competition guys... c'mon!

15 minutes ago, MrT_shootsAcz said:

they should have made sure before scheduling the first import that they had 2000 targeted for shipment.  it was built specifically for competition guys... c'mon!

that is the whole point.This gun is useless if it is not on the Production list

I'm still waiting on my blue Shadow 2 to arrive.  My deposit for one was made months ago on an order of 7 guns coming to a CZ dealer.  Projected delivery was May 3.  Dealer is trying to get updates from CZ.  I have no issues with the dealer.  CZ hasn't impressed me with how they've handled delivery of this version.  Other comments here seem to concur.

13 minutes ago, Focker said:

I mean sure I get slightly nauseous signing up for L-10 but it's still fun as hell to shoot!

... that is something I'm not willing to do.  L10 is not going to happen.  I'm competitive, I'd rather finish X out of 20 in production with the S2 in the safe, than 1 of 1 in L10.  

At least it makes you nauseous though... ?

I'm more than happy with my Shadow 2. Pre-ordered the day it was announced at IWA and took delivery just under a year later. It's a stupidly accurate, boringly reliable soft shooting pistol. The trigger job from AA made the S2 unreal. I think CZ knocked the gun out of the park. IF anyone is unhappy with your Shadow 2 and they don't want to shoot it in Open, Limited or Limited 10, I'll swap you my Shadow 1 that's on the Production roster. Or just wait 2 weeks or so when it gets approved. 

I guess since I've been shooting my 3 gun pistol in Limited (minor) since I started I'm just happy shooting USPSA to improve my shooting. The field I mark for my division doesn't get me all excited...unless it's PCC. Then I get really excited! :cheers:

On 5/9/2017 at 5:13 AM, IHAVEGAS said:

2000 in USA, Troy has written this in a couple different publications in the last two or three months. I'm not sure if the rule was changed after the 5/3/2013 email above, or if the topic Troy was responding was rules for IPSC or something else, or if Troy has changed his interpretation.

Also not sure if anyone has submitted the gun or the paperwork to him.

Seems like there were 10 different places selling the guns on gun broker and I got a back in stock notice from Hinterland Outfitters, you would expect that it will not be that long. 

He rules that it's 2000 units worldwide at the time of that FN rolling out but then it get's changed to 2000 units in the US?  

Maybe I'm retarded but it seems odd that only one guy in the US was shooting an FN for a period of time and it somehow was on the Production Gun list.  And now there are lots of guys that have the same gun but it's not on the Production Gun list.

This doesn't seem fishy at all.    

Edited by d_striker

2 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Before going all Chuck Schumer on it, it would be good to see the whole context of the 2013 thread. 

Only one guy in the US had a certain FN gun and it was on the Production gun list.  

But I suppose if CZ is too lazy to submit paperwork to DNROI, there's nothing anyone can do.  

Edited by d_striker

I'm starting to get a little but hurt over this. The entire release of the Shadow 2 has been an FU to the US consumers. We had to wait a year longer and now the numbers are still insufficient to allow entry to production(which is the soul purpose of this gun).