Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 Legal Date

zhunter

USPSA Production Legal Date  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just heard back from CZ USA that "the status is pending".

your best guess as to what exactly that means. Here's my glass half full and glass half empty assumptions:

half full = the form has been sent to the USPSA BOD and status is pending.

half empty = CZ USA is still assessing/waiting to verify minimum requirements have been met and status is pending.

Personally, I like trying to be a glass half full kind of guy so I'm going with that assumption or until I hear otherwise.

Edited by MrT_shootsAcz

43 minutes ago, MrT_shootsAcz said:

I just heard back from CZ USA that "the status is pending".

your best guess as to what exactly that means. Here's my glass half full and glass half empty assumptions:

half full = the form has been sent to the USPSA BOD and status is pending.

half empty = CZ USA is still assessing/waiting to verify minimum requirements have been met and status is pending.

Personally, I like trying to be a glass half full kind of guy so I'm going with that assumption or until I hear otherwise.

I am a glass half full kind of guy as well and I think it is some great news!

For anyone who has one, is the safety easier to reach than the Shadow? I heard the trigger reach was better, but was wondering about the safety. I just miss the safety on the Shadow with my short thumbs.TIA

1 hour ago, Bucky said:

For anyone who has one, is the safety easier to reach than the Shadow? I heard the trigger reach was better, but was wondering about the safety. I just miss the safety on the Shadow with my short thumbs.TIA

I would say yes... as long as you are installing and talking about running it with the "extended safety" that comes with it but not shipped already on.  The extended safety is a bit larger than the stock safety on the 1 but is only on the left/one side extended (which left hand shooters are likely not pleased about but I love it just sticking out on one side).  I noticed when comparing with the S1 that the "ledge" is a bit larger and really allows even more of your thumb to "ride" the lever... for those who shoot it that way.  I think you'll find it better Bucky but I'm not sure how much your missing the S1 by.

And copied and pasted for exactness:

Rowdy,

We are waiting for more Shadow 2's to arrive from our factory, however there is no estimation we can offer as you've requested. Let us know if you have any further questions.

5 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

Rowdy,

We are waiting for more Shadow 2's to arrive from our factory, however there is no estimation we can offer as you've requested. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Arrgh!

On 4/12/2017 at 9:52 AM, MrT_shootsAcz said:

I would say yes... as long as you are installing and talking about running it with the "extended safety" that comes with it but not shipped already on.  The extended safety is a bit larger than the stock safety on the 1 but is only on the left/one side extended (which left hand shooters are likely not pleased about but I love it just sticking out on one side).  I noticed when comparing with the S1 that the "ledge" is a bit larger and really allows even more of your thumb to "ride" the lever... for those who shoot it that way.  I think you'll find it better Bucky but I'm not sure how much your missing the S1 by.

Thanks for the info. On the Shadow 1, I can just about touch the safety, but not enough to disengage it. I prefer a large single sided safety on my 1911s, so it sounds like the optional safety on the Shadow 2 may be just the ticket. I'd have to assume since it comes with the gun, that it would be legal to use once the gun is approved for production, being a factory part. 

On 4/12/2017 at 5:07 PM, rowdyb said:

Rowdy,

That didn't stop FN from signing off a few years ago on 2000 FNS-9s being shipped when nobody had one. Too bad the folks at CZ seem to be more honest B)

• 2 weeks later...

The more I shoot mine the more I'm super anxious for it to be legal. I'm shooting my TS in mississippi for L10 end of May. Then I shoot my PCC in the Arkansas sectional on June June 16th. So next big match in Prod is Double Tap on June 9th. First part of May would be perfect timing!