Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The VP9L is coming!!!

Honeybooboo

14 hours ago, Bryan 45 said:

I'm more interested in the "SF" trigger.  I don't know how ot convert a newton to lbs, but its lighter and 1/2 the travel of the standard trigger. 

20 N is about 4.5lb

Also offering an optional thumb safety.......... and PUSH BUTTON MAGAZINE RELEASE!!!!!  That's huge for me, I may need one.....

Edit: There is an optics ready one coming too, does not seem to come with the 5" extended slide and barrel though...

Edited by EngineerEli

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Soooooo....I’m here at SHOT Show and I swung by the HK booth. The VP9L is only a rumor and there is no plan to produce one in the near or distant future. I don’t know if anyone else has any better intel, but what I got was straight from an HK rep’s mouth. Disappointing. I have a VP9 I carry all the time, and its ergonomics suit me really well, but for competition purposes I like a little more barrel length and sight radius. 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:56 PM, BillGarlandJr said:

The VP9L is only a rumor and there is no plan to produce one in the near or distant future. I don’t know if anyone else has any better intel, but what I got was straight from an HK rep’s mouth.

It's on the HK website.  Hardly seems a rumor.  And if I had a nickel for every time an OEM rep got something wrong... ;) 

1 hour ago, IDescribe said:

It's on the HK website.  Hardly seems a rumor.  And if I had a nickel for every time an OEM rep got something wrong... ;) 

I hope you're right and I'm wrong. I really do. I would be first in line to get a 5 inch VP9. I'm still hoping HK realizes theres a demand for them and starts cranking them out. It would give the Walthers and Sigs a run for their money!

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 5:17 PM, IDescribe said:

I did not see it on the HK American  website.

Edited by JBP55

It has been posted on that site for close to a year, and nobody this side of the Atlantic has seen one live. Not even sure if anyone that side of Atlantic seen it live too except for those who put that picture on their site. I am personally not interested in the L but wanted the OR, which has been posted there for just as long as the L. Nobody here seen the OR too. Or the push button variants that some of top HK shooting team members expressed an interest in. From practical standpoint all that stuff is just as good as fiction.

• 1 month later...

I love my VP9 and had the L with a conventional mag release been available before I got my hands on my CZ TSO I would have seriously considered one for USPSA, but too late now. I actually did shoot production with my VP and it did great but not going to be the same

• 1 month later...
On 3/11/2018 at 10:37 PM, YVK said:

Pics of VP9L OR from IWA '18 have been posted elsewhere. Remains to be seen if those will remain just the pics, or it does get over here.

My first carry gun was a USP 45c. Always had a soft spot for HKs, but I really don’t see them making huge inroads into USPSA even if the optic-ready longslide is avaialble in the US at the same price point as my Walther Q5.

Price per magazine / factory part... and the total inability to obtain spare factory parts are deal breakers in the long run. “Send us your gun and we’ll fix it free” is great for a casual shooter. Not so much when a small part is beginning to act up on stage 3 of a Section match.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...