Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MBX Extreme 155 mm 9mm/38 magazines

sophiasmith

Has anyone had problems with these 155 mm MBX mags flying out of the magwell during firing of the gun? AND NO, I am not pushing the mag release!  We have had three different people try it and have it on video. Even shooting strong hand only where you are no where near the mag release, the mag drops out of the magwell about three rounds into the course of fire.  I have other 170 mm MBX mags and 140 mm MBX mags and there is absolutely no problem; flawless performance. 

The mags snap into place and you CANNOT pull them out with force once in place, yet when you shoot the gun they come flying out of the maxwell. 

Any ideas???  I didn't want to mess with them too much in case they need to be returned to MBX.

My gunsmith is enlarging the release hole in the mag.  The ones I bought for my Caspian, the retention hole is cut too high up the mag causing it to push the follower up too high into the slide.  Not happy with MBX as that is a simple calculation.  Easy fix with a Dremell tool though so not worth the hassle of sending them back to them and waiting.

34 minutes ago, sophiasmith said:

Has anyone had problems with these 155 mm MBX mags flying out of the magwell during firing of the gun? AND NO, I am not pushing the mag release!  We have had three different people try it and have it on video. Even shooting strong hand only where you are no where near the mag release, the mag drops out of the magwell about three rounds into the course of fire.  I have other 170 mm MBX mags and 140 mm MBX mags and there is absolutely no problem; flawless performance. 

The mags snap into place and you CANNOT pull them out with force once in place, yet when you shoot the gun they come flying out of the maxwell. 

Any ideas???  I didn't want to mess with them too much in case they need to be returned to MBX.

Any chance you have a PT Steel Grip?  I had a similar problem with mine and needed to modify the mag release to allow for more engagement.  For some reason, I was getting the least engagement with the 155 mm mags.  There must be something about the angle of the mag body that's different around the engagement hole.

Any chance you have a PT Steel Grip?  I had a similar problem with mine and needed to modify the mag release to allow for more engagement.  For some reason, I was getting the least engagement with the 155 mm mags.  There must be something about the angle of the mag body that's different around the engagement hole.

I'm not sure if it's a PT grip or not. It's in Infinity Firearm. That is very interesting, though, that you had the least engagement with the 155 mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk