Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Gun Design Questions

JoeC

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/7/2017 at 9:33 PM, limited shtr said:

I can tell you holes work better than just a comp I have 5 -9major barrels all the same brand and all the same comp for the same open gun. No holes , 3 holes , 5 holes , 7 holes and three slots like magna porting !  The 7 hole barrel is super flat and loud and hits a little harder in the hand but no waiting on the dot to return from the top of the scope . But it's all a system that works for me and keeps the R.O. from crowding me. Also I own 14 different compensators that are being produced currently and I found what the right comp for my system. 

Hi Limited shtr, what's your favorite comp? thanks

Edited by highhope

8 hours ago, StandardError said:

I'm assuming you're running the TevoArms mount for the 510?

How hard was it to drill and tap the holes for the mount? Does it fit into a standard cmore mount? And where do you choose to locate the mount?

Hi Sir, I am not a builder, just hope my next open has that reddot on it. I think the holes are same positon for 510C and cmore/dpp/rts2 etc

I have the Holosun 510, and use the Tevo mount. The 510 bolts to the Tevo mount different than most red dots, so you almost have to use the Tevo mount. Unless you have a mill,,, The mount bolts to the frame with the normal cmore spacing,,,

20181019_115631.jpg

Must haves:

* Aggressive grip stippling

* Super big mag release button

* Thumb rest

* Aftec extractor

* Slide racker on weak side (ball detent please)

* Large ambi safeties

* Frame mounted optic

Those are the must haves. I have two different guns, one with a Cmore slide ride and one with a Romeo3 and I guess I'm not picky very picky about the optic, since I like both of them.

Edited by sc68cal

On 11/12/2018 at 10:34 AM, texasdawg said:

I have the Holosun 510, and use the Tevo mount. The 510 bolts to the Tevo mount different than most red dots, so you almost have to use the Tevo mount. Unless you have a mill,,, The mount bolts to the frame with the normal cmore spacing,,,

20181019_115631.jpg

I'd like to use the same optic and was wondering whether the 2 sided mount was necessary or not. 

• 2 months later...

Top of gun: 5.5in heavily lightened slide, standard barrel with a coned Ti comp, Ti hammer, Cheely side mounted DPP.
Bottom of gun: wide and full length dust cover, pt evo grip, 2lb trigger set
Preferably all black with blue accents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 12:20 AM, MrPan said:

Can't decide if I want a double or single sided frame mount. Anyone have any good input?  This Is for a vortex razor

I am trying out a double sided mount to see for myself what it's all about. Currently zero issues with a single side though.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/30/2019 at 7:30 AM, Unregistered said:

For those that have used both a hybrid and a regular barrel with poppel holes... How do they compare?

SVI hybrid with poppels, SVI hybrid, STI shorty - in that order of softness and flatness.

Next build? Bull barrel shorty :P