Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz p01 for ccp

1911vm

After the debacle that was the past 2 years of rule changes around the CCP division, I would recommend not doing anything until we can see stability in the rule book.

Unless you just want to have one and are using IDPA as an excuse. Then by all mean, buy one.

I guess you are correct .  I now have a  beautiful 9mm  4 in champion with a bunch of custom work that does not fit the box now. that I  am going to need to sell . 

But if  idpa was stable LOL how would  a p01 work in ccp? 

Edited by 1911vm

lots of good shooters use the p01. get good at tearing it apart with the decocker and the fpb. the triggers can be made very good as well. they are very very close to being glock 19 sized, so i bet they'll fit the box for a long time.

as a cz guy, i'd shoot one of them rather than a 75 compact in ccp.

Of the stock and modded guns I've felt from CZ that could be CCP legal I liked the P01 the best. RAMI. PCR, 75C, P01.

The biggest negative is if you are a DIY person then doing a detail strip and putting it back together is quite a bit tougher than a Glock 19.

Also, as I already shoot a DA/SA gun learning that is a non issue for me. They are a reasonable cost new. They are reliable. Three or four places known nationally can tune one up nicely for you. I think Morgan Allen is shooting one now. I know a very good CCP Expert (2nd place last nationals at Ex and multi time nationals winner at EX in ssp, esp) and he runs a P01 as well, Dave Orr.

Really, what's the "ultimate"? A single action only, steel frame, double stack, bull barrel gun that fits in the box. How man of those are out there and that you want to spend that amount of coin on?

3 hours ago, rowdyb said:

Really, what's the "ultimate"? A single action only, steel frame, double stack, bull barrel gun that fits in the box. How man of those are out there and that you want to spend that amount of coin on?

I did. Then Bill bent me over with the newest revision of CCP. Now if I want to continue down this path, I'll have to spend even more coin to bring it in line with the new dimensions. 

I asked her why the change in size . her explanation was  it's more  concealable size .  when I looked  at with a smirk she said besides that is what Bill wanted .  he just wanted to sell his guns .  to be more specific he wanted to get rid of all the competition .  my SA 1911 did not make it by 1/8 really .  

So I am going to complete change the platform . 

The steel framed railed compact has very thin safeties.  I've got one.  Its a nice gun.  I'm not sure if it would fit in the box.

I also have a P 01 omega that I'm running with safeties.  It's a great carry piece.

The CCP rules discriminate against us lefties.  It makes no sense that a single sided decocker P 01 would be legal while one of the ambi CZs wouldn't be.  

On 3/16/2017 at 10:11 AM, twowheels said:

The steel framed railed compact has very thin safeties.  I've got one.  Its a nice gun.  I'm not sure if it would fit in the box.

I also have a P 01 omega that I'm running with safeties.  It's a great carry piece.

The CCP rules discriminate against us lefties.  It makes no sense that a single sided decocker P 01 would be legal while one of the ambi CZs wouldn't be.  

I can not find language that prohibits an ambi safety. Can you explain ?

Thanks

3 hours ago, Gary Stevens said:

I can not find language that prohibits an ambi safety. Can you explain ?

Thanks

Like sfinney says, its a width issue.  There is no rational reason a right hand shooter should be able to shoot a particular pistol with a single sided safety that a left handed shooter cannot shoot with an ambi safety.