Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
DOODS

Basepad

Anybody use the New Henning basepad for their Tangfo? How does it compare to Shockbottle?

I have some that are similar to the shockbottle but modeled and machined differently so they were different. I actually ordered a Henning to try and was sent the shock bottle from bsps and said screw it. lol

I'm a huge fan of the henning pad. Why every competition pad isn't machined to match the angle of the mag instead of the frame is truly beyond me.

IMG_0314.thumb.JPG.81e2f354e961d3e7e81127e7d00b3358.JPGIMG_3299.JPG.04a6efe8bd36ea3f8bdb5af91101f7ce.JPG

I've been holding out for the pd base pads but I don't know if what I saw was a rumor or not. I'll be ordering 12 Henning basepads shortly

1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I'm a huge fan of the henning pad. Why every competition pad isn't machined to match the angle of the mag instead of the frame is truly beyond me.

IMG_0314.thumb.JPG.81e2f354e961d3e7e81127e7d00b3358.JPGIMG_3299.JPG.04a6efe8bd36ea3f8bdb5af91101f7ce.JPG

Thanks for the pics,  saw some of your video, reload seems smooth with the Henning 

Here's a video on some of the basepads that are Production legal:

1 hour ago, DOODS said:

Thanks for the pics,  saw some of your video, reload seems smooth with the Henning 

Reloads are smooth with that hogged-out magwell. ;) 

But they make it nice and sexy, too.

If you watch the video above, Candice goes on to explain the potential benefit in comfort AND performance the Henning base pads offer over the others that have the traditional shape.  The Henning are plenty thick as well.  My reloads are now 0.000000192 seconds faster w/ Henning's design :P 

Hmmmm wish I would have known about the Springer Precision base pads before I got my shock bottles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have a large hand, so I like the Springer better. Since it's larger and thicker, my left hand point finger will not touch the magwell when I reload. It's easier for reload. I have both Henning and Springer. 

Edited by highhope

Here is a picture Springer vs Henning. Wish Springer produce silver ones.....

IMG_9921.JPG

Edited by highhope

Definitely agreed. I'm fond of bare aluminum because they don't look like garbage after a year of being dropped and having the anodizing chipped off.

'nother fanboy of the Henning pads.  Why'd I choose them? Cheaper than Shockbottle when I was already ordering stuff from Stoeger's Pro Shop. 

Big fan on the angles matching the mag, allows for a much more consistent grip & presentation to the gun. 

1 hour ago, highhope said:

IMG_9921.JPG

They do, friend.  Well, it's not silver anodized, but you can order them in raw aluminum, which is basically the same look, no?

I kind of like the "distressed" look that equipment gets from use. Proof that you are using it. My old gen3 G34 has bare color metal showing on the slide now.

5 hours ago, MissionaryMike said:

They do, friend.  Well, it's not silver anodized, but you can order them in raw aluminum, which is basically the same look, no?

Yeah, they do, raw aluminum!Thanks man, found them on their web. 

10 hours ago, highhope said:

IMG_9921.JPG

just sand the black finish off, problem solved.:D

6 minutes ago, philippshen said:

just sand the black finish off, problem solved.:D

I tried, not so easy to remove that finish.........

2 hours ago, highhope said:

try harder then:D I will do this to mine after I got my CZ chromed (hopefully)

The springer pads are anodized. If you call Scott and ask him for raw finish pads he would probably do it for you. Great guy..

5 hours ago, highhope said:

I have used easy off oven cleaner to remove anodizing from bicycle rims with good results... It may just work on base pads too

10 hours ago, MacLethal said:

The springer pads are anodized. If you call Scott and ask him for raw finish pads he would probably do it for you. Great guy..

As stated above, purchasing the pads in the raw is an actual option on the site.