Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Gun Videos

Does anyone know of any good three gun training videos for the beginner (like Ron Avery's or Matt Burkett's videos for pistol)?  I read an article in Front Site about the "slide" reload, no idea what they are talking about.  Thanks.

My interpretation of the slide is that you flip the shotgun over and slide the butt of it on top of your strong shoulder . This puts the loading gate right in your face thus making sure you dont fumble your reload . I practiced it in my garage and must say I like it better than just flipping the shotgun over waist high since doing the slide makes it easier to reload on the move .

Having used the waist high flip and load, and converted to the slide, I don't notice any more speed in loading but a serious reduction in transition time from shooting to loading and from loading to shooting. ran about 1 second difference per reload and with 3 or 4 reloads a stage it is easy to do the math.

Black Moon Tactical (new company) is in the process of making a intro to 3 gun shooting.  My brother(Tim) and I have just started our own business doing videos, training and will have an online store.  I would look for these the first week of April, website will be up and running by then also.  Stay tuned.......................

THE SLIDE SEEMS TO BE MOST EFFECTIVE WHEN LOADING OFF THE GUN WITH EITHER SIDE SADDLE OR FOREARM SADDLE. 3 GUN GEAR IS PRODUCING A SIDE SADDLE WITH THE SHELLS ANGLED TOWARD THE SHOOTER, THIS WILL MAKE THE SLIDE A MORE CONSISTANT TECHNIQUE. THE SLIDE HAS SOME REAL TACTICAL ADVANTAGES, YOU CAN LOAD AND STILL MAINTAIN SOME VISION DOWN RANGE  NOT JUST AT THE GROUND IN FRONT OF YOU, IT IS EASIER TO LOAD AND MOVE, AND PISTOL TRANSITIONS WHILE MAINTAINING CONTROL OF THE SHOTGUN ARE GREAT

The question I have is why would you slide the shotgun over your shoulder in a Tactical enviroment, wouldn't it make sense to load with your non firing hand so you could keep your muzzle towards the threat. Or should I say unknown.

I believe the Jeff Cramblit technique of curling the shotgun in towards your bicep is the fastest I have seen. If you are rolling the blaster and releasing your forward grip this will slow you down. Also flipping the shotgun completely upside down will cause you to burn your hand as well.

For three gun shooting it is a race.... No tactics involved, no threat, so shuck and jive....

KyleL

Quote: from KyleL on 11:10 pm on Jan. 27, 2003

The question I have is why would you slide the shotgun over your shoulder in a Tactical enviroment, wouldn't it make sense to load with your non firing hand so you could keep your muzzle towards the threat. Or should I say unknown.

This  works well when the muzzle crosses a target during a reload on a "run and gun" stage. Just pull the trigger and continue loading, economy of motion. The only drawback to weakhand loading I see is when prone, then the rollover/forearm carrier is handy.

I believe if you ask Mike  and I'm pretty sure Bennie , they changed loading techiques after they were shown how ( and I think it was KyleL that showed them)Jeff Cramblit has been loading for years. Jeff was working for Blackhawk when they came out with a poor copy of what he had been using (on his forarm) for a shell carrier .It now seems to be the standard "limited shotgun" loading technique and the it usually gets credited to someone else.It works extremely well for three gun shooting and if I had to duck behind cover and reload I think I'd probably use what was fastest.

the slide technique will definately be better accomplished of a side saddle than of a forearm or any other holder, I leave to each his own, and wish everyone would just stay using it, and that no more yankees would move south, both make my life easier. See ya at the match brothers!

Hey TNShooter, I am working on a better than original copy/ production of my forearm holder and you and Klyle can flip each other for who gets the first one for T&E, but since he shoots one of those other guns I might lean toward you.