Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for Limited Pro

zombywoof

7 hours ago, johnbu said:

You can make weight (barely) with a 9mm stock 2 with 141mm mag, but you need a lite optic, lite dovetail, lite grips and a lite guiderod. Doesn't need any metal removal, but magwell opening helps reloads and is legal.

I've been following your other posts. I ordered the guide rod, removed the right side safety. I'm using the Delta Point and PD dovetail mount.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

So it looks like these are really nearly gone off the American market, but I got one!!! Just picked it up at my FFL yesterday.

It is interesting how the balance is actually nearly identical to my Stock II. I also never knew that in addition to weight being cut from the shorter dust cover, the frame is lightened under the grip on the Lim Pro where they are not on the Stock II. I will say it still irritates me that my first Stock II maybe 5-6 years ago, before they got popular, had fantastic checkering on the front and back strap, and now on my newer stock II and this Lim Pro the checkering is just straight up sloppy...

Pics, because why not:

0322172155.thumb.jpg.4265aab17ad36feb7f44b631eb3eb168.jpg0322172157.thumb.jpg.d57772356a8d527032a5626d4daedd2c.jpg0322172157a.thumb.jpg.f819f3644871480d5595e0c02663f1df.jpg0322172158.thumb.jpg.17f33104116c40ccc28517313da3407f.jpg

Edited by EngineerEli
How do you show thumb nails insead of the huge pics???

I didn't know the S2 was solid inside the back of the magwell. The stock 3 looks like the Limited Pro does. Lightened.

No wonder you S2 owners think the Stock 3 is muzzle heavy. It's longer, has that chunky rail, and is lightened in the back.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Eli - I'm surprised you think they feel the same, the Lim Pro feels a good bit lighter in hand and "feels" to swing a little quicker.  Only got the chance to fondle one for a few minutes in my LGS last week, was super tempted to buy it but at $1,049, they're way over priced.

MM - Both my stock two's are relieved in the at the backstrap/grip. Maybe the older ones were not?

12 minutes ago, SCTaylor said:

Eli - I'm surprised you think they feel the same, the Lim Pro feels a good bit lighter in hand and "feels" to swing a little quicker.  Only got the chance to fondle one for a few minutes in my LGS last week, was super tempted to buy it but at $1,049, they're way over priced.

MM - Both my stock two's are relieved in the at the backstrap/grip. Maybe the older ones were not?

I'm just saying the balance front to back, if you put both hanging with a dowel through the trigger guards, they both hang at about the same angle. I have yet to get a real feel for the difference between transitions and recoil control.

That's very surprising that some Stock II's had the solid back strap, where some had a lightened one. I like my Stock II very much, I was just curious to see how the slightly improved sight radius effected things and how a lighter gun would feel in the transitions. One will be the backup for the other, but the primary is yet to be determined. Both take the same mags and fit in the same holster, I'm just using one for a Limited, so I'm G2G.

Ah gotcha. I'd just been shooting my S2 for a few hundred rounds and then picked up the Lim Pro, didn't notice the balance point.  I really like the Lim Pro and honestly would swap both S2's for them.

3 minutes ago, SCTaylor said:

I really like the Lim Pro and honestly would swap both S2's for them.

Wow, that says a lot. I'm very exited to try shooting them side by side this weekend!

Edited by EngineerEli

The newer competition frames have the skelotonized backstrap and a thicker dust cover area. The netrying effect at least on Stock 2s is no weight dinference when combined with the shortened barrel. I don't know on the Lim Pro and Stock 3s but I would assume weight differences are minimal.

• 2 months later...

Still wondering.

You would stop importing a gun for financial reasons, I have not figured out a financial reason. They are/were already in the catalogs & etc so it seems like it would take more got delete them than to continue importing them. 

You would also stop importing a gun for quality issues/customer complaint reasons.

Anybody know if the limited pro has a higher than normal amount of problems?

I am not saying that it does, just interested in the gun and confused about why they would not be imported. 

I think @MemphisMechanic meant to post this here:

2 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Well... remember that we are a tiny tiny percentage of the gun owning population.

Even if everyone who wants an IDPA / USPSA capable Limited Pro rushed out and bought one tomorrow if they were available, I have a hard time imagining them selling more than a few hundred of them nationwide.

My suspicion is that it was their slowest moving model, so they dropped it and they're trying to insert something more popular into the imported gun lineup.