Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mount for Sig Romeo 3

d_striker

I read the other thread comparing the R1 to the R3.  It looked like there was talk about Atlas Gun Works making a mount for the R3 but I can't find it anywhere online.

What are my options for an R3 mount that won't require any modification to blast shields or won't have the sight hanging off the front edge?  

12 minutes ago, d_striker said:

Does that mount get it pretty close to center?

Do you think the blast shield is even necessary for these mini dots?

Regarding the blast sheild, my open gun doesn't have one, akai comp, 2 popple holes, lens stays perfectly clean. Bud has a match master with NO holes and HAS a blast sheild and can't keep it clean. 

1 hour ago, Fowlmouths said:

I used the Infinity mount.  Moves it back further than most single side mounts. 

I've only been shooting Open for a few months.  Why is having the optic further back desirable?  Further away from comp blast or something else?

Edited by d_striker

4 hours ago, ano said:

pivot point, to far back is bad though, reverse axis. 

Ever seen Tilley's mount?  It is at the back of the slide!  Larger field of view in the glass and less dot movement.

15894436_1342791705793940_1253787540963326787_n.jpg

Edited by Fowlmouths

yes I've shot it like that, it sure takes some getting used to. 

To mr fowlmouth, that blaster looks nice with the romeo

I plan on switching to the romeo3 on all my guns before world shoot, but we will see, things takes time. 

Ok, here is the skinny on the Atlas mount.  

I had talked to Adam back in early September about making me a mount for my R3.  We had some discussions about the same footprint but longer.  In October I sent him my gun with an R3 on it, and a second R3 in the box.  Part of what we discussed was building a new gun specifically for the R3 and their mount.  

Basically the mount is dead centered on my heavy dustcover gun.  My additional request was for a blast shield as with the barrel ports on the gun I had I was coating the lens, and they are not the easiest to clean off.  

If you see me out and about feel free to ask to see the gun or mount.