Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Sport Orange technical thread.

NoKimberDave

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Hi_Im_Vinh said:

Has any TSO owners changed out the factory thumbrest on your guns? I'm contemplating changing mine to something wider and installing the CZC oversized safety to aid in comfort/support ; the thumbrest I'm eyeing is one made for the czechmate and regular TS ( http://fasttoys.net/ca/CZ-Czechmate-and-CZ-Tactical-Sport-Thumb-Rest/ )

I was looking at this also or one made by ipscalex however I am not sure if there is any ramifications for fitting in the box after. The safety and thrumbrest are too narrow imo 

7 hours ago, NoKimberDave said:

I installed the CZC big safety and deleted the thumbrest. It wasn't far enough forward for me. But I may revisit it.

IMG_0438.jpg

How do you like that big safety vs. the one it had? I have those grips on my Sp-01 shadow , love those grips

7 hours ago, NoKimberDave said:

I installed the CZC big safety and deleted the thumbrest. It wasn't far enough forward for me. But I may revisit it.

IMG_0438.jpg

It sounds like you and I have similar hands and grips. Please let me know if you find a good solution to move the thumbrest farther forward.

IMG_0438.thumb.jpg.6c6b2de1531642f9e0224ae59ee36bde.jpg

If you want to sell that thumbrest send me a pm with a price. Seriously, not joking, I will buy it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

On 2/24/2017 at 3:32 PM, NoKimberDave said:

IMG_0438.jpg

Where can i order those grips,  Do they come different colors?Thanks!

Edited by Joeyxbat
Add more content

Does anyone else's safety have a drag to it versus a tic?  My shadow has an audible tic off/on and off as does my regular SP-01.    My TSO however has a bit of resistance to it over the whole up/down.   

Edited by kells81

3 hours ago, kells81 said:

Does anyone else's safety have a drag to it versus a tic?  My shadow has an audible tic off/on and off as does my regular SP-01.    My TSO however has a bit of resistance to it over the whole up/down.   

Mine is the same way , safety is a little tough to engage/disengage... I plan to hit my safety detent with 1000 grit to smoothen it out

On 2/24/2017 at 10:07 PM, CosmosMpower said:

For the 9mm TSO owners out there that don't reload, any issues with factory ammo (WWB, Federal etc)?

Also I've seen some pretty low trigger weights on regular TS, in the 1.5 lbs range, is the TSO around the same or lighter?

Measured my TSO pull weight at around 1.5lb. give or take

On 2/24/2017 at 10:41 PM, Hi_Im_Vinh said:

How do you like that big safety vs. the one it had? I have those grips on my Sp-01 shadow , love those grips

I really like the safety. The edges are sharp so I relieved them a bit. I may take a little more off.

If you have huge hands they may interfere with your weak hand grip, so you may need to fit them more.

But it was a direct replacement on mine and no fitting for function was required. Typical good quality from CZ Custom.

On 2/24/2017 at 11:18 PM, adamge said:

It sounds like you and I have similar hands and grips. Please let me know if you find a good solution to move the thumbrest farther forward.

I'll let you know if I find one.

On 2/25/2017 at 0:02 AM, MrPostman said:

If you want to sell that thumbrest send me a pm with a price. Seriously, not joking, I will buy it.

I'll probably hold onto it until I find something else or decide to give up totally on thumbrest, as I never needed one before, heh.

15 hours ago, Joeyxbat said:

Where can i order those grips,  Do they come different colors?Thanks!

http://lokgrips.com/gun-grips/cz-75/thin/bogies/black-g10/

Check around his sight for different colors. The orange ones look rad, too, imo. 

Tell him you want them cut for magwell. I had to hit the bottoms of mine with a fine file. Just a couple strokes. They are now a nice tight fit.

Very good grips and super grippy. I really love them. Have a set on my CZ75 as well.

4 hours ago, NoKimberDave said:

I really like the safety. The edges are sharp so I relieved them a bit. I may take a little more off.

If you have huge hands they may interfere with your weak hand grip, so you may need to fit them more.

But it was a direct replacement on mine and no fitting for function was required. Typical good quality from CZ Custom.

I'll let you know if I find one.

I'll probably hold onto it until I find something else or decide to give up totally on thumbrest, as I never needed one before, heh.

http://lokgrips.com/gun-grips/cz-75/thin/bogies/black-g10/

Check around his sight for different colors. The orange ones look rad, too, imo. 

Tell him you want them cut for magwell. I had to hit the bottoms of mine with a fine file. Just a couple strokes. They are now a nice tight fit.

Very good grips and super grippy. I really love them. Have a set on my CZ75 as well.

Thanks NoKimberDave!  this is the same grips that i have on my sp01 and it is really grippy works really well. I didn't know i can order this for TS with czechmate magwell.

16 hours ago, Joeyxbat said:

Thanks NoKimberDave!  this is the same grips that i have on my sp01 and it is really grippy works really well. I didn't know i can order this for TS with czechmate magwell.

You're welcome. My buddy has a pair on his Chechmate as well. 

IMG_0380.jpg

Edited by NoKimberDave

28 minutes ago, MrPostman said:

So are the grips thin like the Czechmate grips or thicker? I prefer thicker grips as they fit my hands better.

They are thin. Check out his palm swell grips. They are thicker.

45 minutes ago, NoKimberDave said:

They are thin. Check out his palm swell grips. They are thicker.

The palmswell grips are by far my favorite for standard CZ-75/SP01's.  Absolutly perfect.  But I prefer thinner on the TS.

How much did you have to trim off the bottom?  I'm swapping for the monster CZC Magwell and the Orange grips aren't long enough.

15 minutes ago, Ontos said:

The palmswell grips are by far my favorite for standard CZ-75/SP01's.  Absolutly perfect.  But I prefer thinner on the TS.

How much did you have to trim off the bottom?  I'm swapping for the monster CZC Magwell and the Orange grips aren't long enough.

Just a hair. You can always get the full length and cut them yourself for a perfect fit.

Maybe call the dude at LOK. Very helpful and friendly guy. 

1 minute ago, NoKimberDave said:

Just a hair. You can always get the full length and cut them yourself for a perfect fit.

Maybe call the dude at LOK. Very helpful and friendly guy. 

Roger that.  Thanks for the heads up on this.... Totally forgot about them as an option.

Good afternoon all.  New member here and new-ish TSO owner.  

Quick maintenance question on the TSOs.  Is the trigger return spring as high of a failure-prone part as it is on the shadows?  Just looking to see how many spares i need to stock up on.  

aside from spare slide stops, anything else i need to know about TS maintenance?  

25 minutes ago, Superpipe9 said:

Has anyone swapped out the magwell for a CZC magwell yet? Curious to see if it fits better or if you still have to blend the frame

You still have to blend the frame.  Also, the factory orange grips are too short with the CZC Magwell, so you'll need new grips.

44 minutes ago, Superpipe9 said:

Has anyone swapped out the magwell for a CZC magwell yet? Curious to see if it fits better or if you still have to blend the frame

Have one on order, will take pic's of the CZC vs TSO oem & get any measurements of interest if desired. 

If you read the CZC website it says that you have excess material on the magwell so you can either use it as is or else blend it to the frame. Would not be the first time that purchase info was confusing however. If you need to dremel the frame as much with the CZC as keeping the oem would require then it may make best sense to just stay with the oem. 

Bought the IPSC box version magwell as I did not want to buy mag extensions and springs/followers for all mags if I can avoid it (about $54.00 per mag).