Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Sport Orange technical thread.

NoKimberDave

If you are looking for a reliable slide lock use the factory follower. You can trim it for greater capacity, but don't expect the same as with Grams or CZC followers..

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, NCShadow2 said:

Got my IPSC. Feels great but have to cut the screws. 

Yeah, I remember feeling like that should've been in the instructions.

I wonder how many people popped the old one off, threw the new one on, and went out to the range without trimming the screws.

Edited by sixsixnine

If you are looking for a reliable slide lock use the factory follower. You can trim it for greater capacity, but don't expect the same as with Grams or CZC followers..

Thanks for the reply. Has anyone tried the CZC base pad with factory follower? I’ll give it try to see how many rounds it adds.

7 hours ago, sixsixnine said:

Yeah, I remember feeling like that should've been in the instructions.

I wonder how many people popped the old one off, threw the new one on, and went out to the range without trimming the screws.

Used the factory black screws works perfect and gives some contrast.   Perfect!

Oh, do you get reliable slide lock on last round?
Yes, never an issue with my mag. I have more issues with screws backing out on my DAA holster/mag pouches.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, stuey93 said:

What am I missing?? CZ spring and follower. Obviously not sitting right and it’s on all three mags. Hoping something dumb I didemoji37.png Part # 10522 10 coil kit

3b2f7d5b5d072ff2e07d11f906eedc36.jpga42910eaf79ad4d7bb0cf149a8b6df4a.jpg

Neither the CZC or Grams kits are drop in. The Grams followers have to be filed. The CZC springs have to be bent. Call CZC and they will give you the instructions for which part of the spring needs bending.

Neither the CZC or Grams kits are drop in. The Grams followers have to be filed. The CZC springs have to be bent. Call CZC and they will give you the instructions for which part of the spring needs bending.

Thanks

23 hours ago, 858 said:

Can you provide a description of where you filed the Grams?  Have TSO with CZC 140 plates and Grams 11 kit.  I am getting auto-forward but no slidelock on last round.  Thanks

That's not true, I used the gram with Springer plates (both 140mm and stockish height) and works fine. I just dropped it in and shot 3 matches so far with it with one match being 6 stages of classifiers

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Great informative thread. Planning to buy a TSO 9mm but getting the impression they are coming in the country in small drinks and drabs so I can’t find a reasonably priced new one yet.

How is the longevity/lifespan of the mags? A friend told me his feel thin and not very durable. 

Edited by Bill Schwab

5 hours ago, Bill Schwab said:

How is the longevity/lifespan of the mags? A friend told me his feel thin and not very durable. 

I estimate that my TSO .40 mags have close to 20K rounds through them, between me and the original owner.  I have encountered a broken slide stop/release and the factory adjustable sight came apart, however the mags are good to go.  You may need to squeeze the feed lips every now and again if you experience feeding issues.  However I haven't experienced any other issues (I have a 9mm TSO also) with either of my guns. 

Unlike other platforms, these mags don't require 'tuning' out of the box in order to function

• 2 months later...
44 minutes ago, pc13 said:

Does anyone know where u can buy a CZ Tactical Sport Orange in 40 cal for USPSA. Most places are showing out of stock. 

Looking for new or will you consider used?

Edited by bemanuel