Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Magazine Base Pad Lock ?

shoots100

I recently bought some P09 19 round factory magazines with + 2 extension base pads from a friend that lives in a free state.

Being I live in the prison state of NY, I need to make them 10 round capacity.

I figured I buy some magazine limiters and be done with it, but I would need the factory base pad locks to do so and the magazines don't have the factory base locks in them because of the +2 base pads on them.

I would like to know if the CZ 75 base pad lock would fit in the P09 mag base pad and if anyone would know where I could acquire some ?

I scrounged and found some 09 base pads, but no locks.

CZ is all out and I signed up for notification weeks ago.

Thanks

Edited by shoots100

I bought my second P09 from him and the magazines came with it and he can't find the factory mag parts.

My FFL is holding them till I can make them 10 rounders.

I have enough 10 rd mags, I just thought it would be easy to adapt them to 10 rd's with the magblock adapters I bought, but I didn't know the magazine extensions used a different base pad lock.

75 ones won't work. you'll have to wait until someplace has 07/09 ones back in stock again. no short cut, sorry.

perhaps you can assemble you're new to you mags with the limiting blocks and no locking tab plate just to get you out the door? then just not ever use those mags until you get the correct parts? (unfamiliar with NY law, sorry.)

I can use the extended mag bases, but they stick out way to far and I want a more compact magazine.

I already have some factory base pads, so I'm just going to make some spacers out of aluminum since I need to permanently epoxy the magblock limiter in place to be in compliance with NY SAFE requirements.

It sucks I won't be able to clean them afterwards, but at least I'll have more mags to use.