Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CGW mods for Shadowline SP-01

jondextan

I am planning to get an SP-01 Shadowline and the pro package from CGW and the bushing to make it better. My questions is, I'm approaching my budget's limit with just the Shadowline so I would like to ask if I could skip some of the parts in the pro package to lessen the cost a bit. What should i get individually and what can i not get? Considering the Shadowline has an improved hammer, nickel plated trigger, steel guiderod, etc.

any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

On 2/1/2017 at 8:23 AM, rowdyb said:

disconnector. main spring of your choice. trigger return spring and pin. recoil spring appropriate to your load. barrel bushing. that's what i'd consider the minimum.

I agree , the disconnector CZ custom offers ( the Pre-B disconnector ) has a short reset . I have one in my Shadow and comparing it to another SP-01 with CGW disco I like the CZC better.

On 2/1/2017 at 9:23 AM, rowdyb said:

disconnector. main spring of your choice. trigger return spring and pin. recoil spring appropriate to your load. barrel bushing. that's what i'd consider the minimum.

I would do this, too. But if you plan on reducing the weight on the mainspring, you'll also need to change out for a reduced power firing pin spring. Might as well get the extended firing pin at that point as well.

Edited by MissionaryMike

CGW  made these recommendations to me when i called to do mine. The extended firing pin and main spring package. Floating trigger pin. Reduced reset pin and adjustable sear with s adaptor. And 13 lb recoil spring (i just bought the tuner pack of springs) I added a production comp hammer and associated pins and some extra springs. Mine went from a factory pull of da 13 to 7 with 11lb spring and sa 6 to 3

I agree , the disconnector CZ custom offers ( the Pre-B disconnector ) has a short reset . I have one in my Shadow and comparing it to another SP-01 with CGW disco I like the CZC better.

Are both guns shadows? if not that's comparing apples and oranges. CGW offers a couple different disco and the that requires fitting will have a shorter reset than the Pre B everytime. Another interesting note is CGW is currently working on changing the angles of the disco to lower the DA another 1/2 to 1lb