Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recommended Posts

Who has the low down on this thing? Looks are growing on me, sounds like a great list of features, and the chassis looks quite useful, especially the stock.

 

How are the barrels and actions though? 

 

As for rebarreling, is bergara the only option? Or are the threads on the receiver the same as a Remington

 

Triggers from a R700 apparently can be used.

 

Accepts R700 scope rings/bases

 

Saw a couple online places that are accepting order for $1300 +/-.  

 

What do you guys here think? Anyone shot one yet?

 

http://bergarausa.com/bergara_b-14_series_bmp_match_percision_rifle.php

Edited by ryridesmotox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buy one and report back! Between this and the new Tikka I really feel the need to buy something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to try. The wife is not easy to convince sometimes. And I just finished an AR. So... I might have to sell it trade For one... And I hate parting with my guns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm waiting for the Bergara B 14 HMR (Hunting Match Rifle).  I like a traditional stock and a lighter weight.  I've called a few dealers and it seems there is no anticipated date for arrival yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found some on grabagun for a very reasonable price. They showed in stock a few weeks ago. I'm finishing up building a car, So I'll be delayed for a bit. The main reason I'm going with the BMP over the HMR is the barrel nut headspacing. I can run any number of barrels and chmaberings in it with very minimal smithing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have both the BMP and HMR in 6.5 Creed.  While I like what might come down the road long term with the BMP (barrel/caliber options) I really favor my HMR.  It shoots just a TAD better and I do love the stock.  If your looking for a hunter and precision rifle all in one I would go HMR.  If games or PRS then the BMP.

 

I was not impressed at all with the factory triggers and chose to try the Trigger Tech.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m highly interested in feedback kn the BMP. You guys care to shed some light on the subject now that its been a while since owning the Bergara? Looking to buy a 6.5Creed and interested in real user opinions. Long range PRS style stuff for me so weight isn’t a issue. Thanks for any input!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2017 at 6:17 AM, crossgun said:

I have both the BMP and HMR in 6.5 Creed.  While I like what might come down the road long term with the BMP (barrel/caliber options) I really favor my HMR.  It shoots just a TAD better and I do love the stock.  If your looking for a hunter and precision rifle all in one I would go HMR.  If games or PRS then the BMP.

 

I was not impressed at all with the factory triggers and chose to try the Trigger Tech.  

Care to shed some light now that youve had the rifle for some time??

 

 

 

On 2/16/2017 at 4:49 PM, ryridesmotox said:

I found some on grabagun for a very reasonable price. They showed in stock a few weeks ago. I'm finishing up building a car, So I'll be delayed for a bit. The main reason I'm going with the BMP over the HMR is the barrel nut headspacing. I can run any number of barrels and chmaberings in it with very minimal smithing

Ever get into that BMP??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, I got a Howa 1500 in 308. It was $500. It shoots into half a minute with Hornady 178 eld-m with 41.6gr of IMR4064. I'm very happy with it

6 hours ago, turbopower18 said:

 

Ever get into that BMP??

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a HMR Pro and I absolutely love it. It out shoots my MPA I paid twice as much for. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 450AK said:

I have a HMR Pro and I absolutely love it. It out shoots my MPA I paid twice as much for. 

 

Funny you say that as I ordered my HMR Pro yesterday! Be here next week!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...