Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bergara BMP

ryridesmotox

Who has the low down on this thing? Looks are growing on me, sounds like a great list of features, and the chassis looks quite useful, especially the stock.

How are the barrels and actions though? 

As for rebarreling, is bergara the only option? Or are the threads on the receiver the same as a Remington

Triggers from a R700 apparently can be used.

Accepts R700 scope rings/bases

Saw a couple online places that are accepting order for $1300 +/-.  

What do you guys here think? Anyone shot one yet?

http://bergarausa.com/bergara_b-14_series_bmp_match_percision_rifle.php

Edited by ryridesmotox

• 2 weeks later...

I found some on grabagun for a very reasonable price. They showed in stock a few weeks ago. I'm finishing up building a car, So I'll be delayed for a bit. The main reason I'm going with the BMP over the HMR is the barrel nut headspacing. I can run any number of barrels and chmaberings in it with very minimal smithing

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have both the BMP and HMR in 6.5 Creed.  While I like what might come down the road long term with the BMP (barrel/caliber options) I really favor my HMR.  It shoots just a TAD better and I do love the stock.  If your looking for a hunter and precision rifle all in one I would go HMR.  If games or PRS then the BMP.

I was not impressed at all with the factory triggers and chose to try the Trigger Tech.  

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I’m highly interested in feedback kn the BMP. You guys care to shed some light on the subject now that its been a while since owning the Bergara? Looking to buy a 6.5Creed and interested in real user opinions. Long range PRS style stuff for me so weight isn’t a issue. Thanks for any input!

On 7/8/2017 at 6:17 AM, crossgun said:

I have both the BMP and HMR in 6.5 Creed.  While I like what might come down the road long term with the BMP (barrel/caliber options) I really favor my HMR.  It shoots just a TAD better and I do love the stock.  If your looking for a hunter and precision rifle all in one I would go HMR.  If games or PRS then the BMP.

I was not impressed at all with the factory triggers and chose to try the Trigger Tech.  

Care to shed some light now that youve had the rifle for some time??

On 2/16/2017 at 4:49 PM, ryridesmotox said:

I found some on grabagun for a very reasonable price. They showed in stock a few weeks ago. I'm finishing up building a car, So I'll be delayed for a bit. The main reason I'm going with the BMP over the HMR is the barrel nut headspacing. I can run any number of barrels and chmaberings in it with very minimal smithing

Ever get into that BMP??

• 4 weeks later...