Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical sport (orange) mag release

CKArmsKimSee

Has anyone had problems with how far out the mag release extends? I'm noticing that it's digging pretty hard into my palm. Specifically the meaty part of my palm by my thumb. Wearing a glove helps, but I'd like to avoid this since it feels really awkward.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I had that problem with the regular TS.  I ground down the mag release, and also tried wearing a strip of electrical tape on my palm where it rubbed before that.

I don't have this problem with the Orange though.  I did grind down the right side safety's lower outer edge, it was digging into my right hand.

I'm not patronizing you, honestly. I truly believe that the "digging pretty hard" into your hand will hurt less the more you do just that, gripping the heck out of your gun while dry firing and shooting.

You don't want to wear a glove, which I think is a good decision. You probably still want the value of the extended mag release come mag change time. I don't think milling it down will help, as once you get to a "ahhh, no pain" point it will have lost its value to you in mag changes. Beveling/softening the edge of the release and exposure therapy are the best bet and combination of gun and "you" changes in my opinion.

For reference I am only 5'7", 138lbs and wear a size medium or 8/9 glove; so I am no giant with huge hands.