Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone switch from the Xtreme Delta to the Titan? Trigger creep

waktasz

I installed a Titan in my primary gun last night. The trigger is gross now. Lots of creep in single action before the trigger finally breaks.  It seems like the hammer hooks are much taller on the titan. Did I get a bad one?  I've done trigger jobs on other people's guns with the Titan and don't remember this happening, but I don't have one here to compare with.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, emjei said:

Is like a step right before it breaks right ??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Yes!

I'm sure I wouldn;t notice it at speed, but slow fire I feel it and it's infuriating. I've polished and repolished the hooks, the sear face, tried two different sears...I might go back to the Delta

Yes!

I'm sure I wouldn;t notice it at speed, but slow fire I feel it and it's infuriating. I've polished and repolished the hooks, the sear face, tried two different sears...I might go back to the Delta

I've done 3 trigger jobs with Titan / Xtreme Sear and they all did it.... a drop of oil takes it away for a match or two

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

It's hard to get an accurate measure with my cheapo digital calipers but it seems like the hooks are a few thou longer on the titan. If I knew anything about real gunsmithing and had the proper jig I'd stone them down a bit but that's not likely to happen in my garage.

3 minutes ago, waktasz said:

It's hard to get an accurate measure with my cheapo digital calipers but it seems like the hooks are a few thou longer on the titan. If I knew anything about real gunsmithing and had the proper jig I'd stone them down a bit but that's not likely to happen in my garage.

Your on to something about the hooks being longer on the Titan...... guess it's time to go into production with our hammer jig for cutting the hooks back

that would be better probably since a jig would be expensive. The good 1911 hammer/sear jigs are $150.

So...I'll just ship you my Titan tomorrow and you'll fix it up for me Joe?

Edited by waktasz

2 minutes ago, waktasz said:

Do it!

Seriously though..... with properly cut hooks to the Sear you can have a 8lb Da gun with a sub 2lb SA that breaks clean.... or maybe somebody should get away from the cast sears and make a CNC Sear    With a Sear face designed for the Titan hammer ?

5 minutes ago, PatriotDefense said:

Seriously though..... with properly cut hooks to the Sear you can have a 8lb Da gun with a sub 2lb SA that breaks clean.... or maybe somebody should get away from the cast sears and make a CNC Sear    With a Sear face designed for the Titan hammer ?

Don't play with my emotions. Next thing you'll say something about it being pre polished too.  That bullshit casting mark on the sear annoys me to no end. 

None of us would trust their QC on it anyways the current situation in Tanfo machining is beyond terrible. I've done 3 trigger jobs on Stock2s and all have been fine with the titan. But pretty much everything else has been totally inconsistent. Probably got lucky with the hammers. If you think yours is out of spec, do you have another to test fit?

Honestly, about to get rid of mine and go to something else. The tolerances on any of these factory Tanfo parts are terrible.

I have 3 guns with Deltas. I shoot locals and practice with shit primers so I wanted to put a Titan in one to see what would happen. The trigger issue appeared after that. It's honestly not that bad but my trigger OCD definitely noticed it right away

swapped the Delta back in. Crisp as hell again.  Comparing the two hammers I can't really tell a difference though. It might be hammer hook angle more than actual length. or I could be completely wrong

3 hours ago, PatriotDefense said:

Yes please - a production legal one piece sear would be lovely.