Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cold weather lube?

XtReMe90

• 2 weeks later...

I don't run my guns particularly wet.  I've been using Gun Butter, and only apply it moderately.  It's excellent stuff, in both colder and warmer seasons.  It's not thick at all, but it stays put.  Even after 3 or 4 indoor range sessions, it's traces are easily noticeable on the rails – it's pink in color so not hard to see.  Try some.

4 hours ago, MissionaryMike said:

I don't run my guns particularly wet.  I've been using Gun Butter, and only apply it moderately.  It's excellent stuff, in both colder and warmer seasons.  It's not thick at all, but it stays put.  Even after 3 or 4 indoor range sessions, it's traces are easily noticeable on the rails – it's pink in color so not hard to see.  Try some.

Mike that new SV gonna like it really wet. I hear they run better wet. 

Just now, Dirtchevy841 said:

Mike that new SV gonna like it really wet. I hear they run better wet. 

Roger that.  I'll make sure to run it right.  That's part of the fun...the honeymoon stage where I figure out what she likes, hahaha.   I'll keep it there.   I like to keep things PG.

2 minutes ago, MissionaryMike said:

Roger that.  I'll make sure to run it right.  That's part of the fun...the honeymoon stage where I figure out what she likes, hahaha.   I'll keep it there.   I like to keep things PG.

Lol. You gotta be getting close I know I am 5 months out. Been talking with Roy Neal a lot about it and he's given me some good info. He told me a lot of the SV guys are using weapons shield for oil. Gonna give it a shot. I use Lucas now. 

3 hours ago, Dirtchevy841 said:

Lol. You gotta be getting close I know I am 5 months out. Been talking with Roy Neal a lot about it and he's given me some good info. He told me a lot of the SV guys are using weapons shield for oil. Gonna give it a shot. I use Lucas now. 

I already use WS on all the guts in my guns, specifically the solvent, which is a little thicker than the CLP.  I use Gun Butter on the rails only.

Edited by MissionaryMike

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:02 PM, MrPostman said:

Mobil 1 0w20 synthetic

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

+1

Mobil 1 0w20 synthetic for when its really cold (below 30-40F).

5w30 the rest of the time.