Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2017 Limited, Production and L10 Nationals

CAB33

11 hours ago, brettb said:

Spread across 20 stages, that will be 3.125 re-setters per stage...doing the work of 7-10 people.  I anticipate squads will either have to help, as normal, or incur delays.  If stages are "more elaborate" than normal, it could further exacerbate the re-setting issue. 

lol, on the very rare occasions where I have actually seen 7-10 people resetting, most of them are standing by a single target, waiting for the RO to get there so they can paste one thing and go sit down.

3 people is MORE than enough to easily reset a stage. I would guess most stages could easily be handled by 2 people, a-la the norwegian reset system described by ben stoeger, where each shooter resets for 2 shooters after his own run, and then gets to goof off the rest of the time.

your other point about the timing is excellent tho. I know I would rather reset after shooting the morning rather than the other way around. Dunno if it will be a big deal for people that are healthy and keep themselves in shape tho.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, motosapiens said:

3 people is MORE than enough to easily reset a stage. I would guess most stages could easily be handled by 2 people, a-la the norwegian reset system described by ben stoeger, where each shooter resets for 2 shooters after his own run, and then gets to goof off the rest of the time.

This idea sounds cool, and I agree, 2-3 people would be fine if we adhere to the IPSC stage design ratio of 3 short, 2 medium, and 1 long.  USPSA is already biased towards long courses (using the IPSC definition) and these stages will be "elaborate" & "complex."

I'm still looking forward to the match, and hope He/it is successful.

1 hour ago, brettb said:

This idea sounds cool, and I agree, 2-3 people would be fine if we adhere to the IPSC stage design ratio of 3 short, 2 medium, and 1 long.  USPSA is already biased towards long courses (using the IPSC definition) and these stages will be "elaborate" & "complex."

I'm still looking forward to the match, and hope He/it is successful.

that's a very good point. only 2 people might be a little tight for a 32-round field course with 3 movers for a whole afternoon. Still, I think if you add a 3rd, and if you add some bored people like me trying to get one more look at where to stop coming into that last position, and taping a few targets on the way back, I bet it will be just fine.

1.las vegas is a much much larger airport and easier to find direct flights and at a lower cost.

2. if you're flying you'll probably have to rent a car anyways, so you're not saving any rental car money flying to st george direct

3. it is only like an hour and 40 minutes to drive between the two

4. if you've never been to that part of the country it gives you a chance to see some of it.

I am going to shoot the staff/early schedule then serve as a CRO on one of the stages. It will be cool to get a chance to see the majority of the shooters tackle the stage I will be assigned to.

If you are a certified RO/CRO and have never worked a major match this would be a good opportunity for you to experience how a well run major match gets it all done.

18 hours ago, rowdyb said:

'cause they contract out their own national championships? until uspsa owns a range this is what you gotta do.

USPSA needs a central location, not in the obscure northwest, that's big enough to hold these types of matches. Only if there were a range in that area....

Edited by Prov1x

10 hours ago, Mhall said:

Come on.... Sure glad I already turned down my slot from my section. Didn't really want to shoot for 4 days. I probably would do 3. 

At least your section had slots to hand out.  Seems like a busy shooting section like Houston, that did 3 or so level 2's or higher last year, would get more than 2 slots.  This is getting to be.....well something.

Edited by Strick

15 hours ago, Strick said:

At least your section had slots to hand out.  Seems like a busy shooting section like Houston, that did 3 or so level 2's or higher last year, would get more than 2 slots.  This is getting to be.....well something.

This is true... Good luck.