Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lost my Bolo pin

ARMAGEDON

Hi there guys.   I was cleaning my Tanfoglio Stock II and by mistake i dropped the pin that goes thru the BOLO.   Is been 4 hours and i cannot find it.   My question is.   Does PD sell just the pin?   I don't want to spend another $50 in the whole BOLO.

Any solutions?

Thanks

1 hour ago, taxil343 said:

Can you use the factory pin with the bolo?

Should be no problem - I've got the stock one in my first gun second gun is still being built.

Edited by Jeff O

2 hours ago, taxil343 said:

Can you use the factory pin with the bolo?

1 hour ago, ryridesmotox said:

No.

Can you elaborate? I've thought about trying the factory pin in an effort to remove the tiny amount of creep. Is the floating pin just used to reduce the probability of fitting being required by allowing a few thousandths of play or is it integral to the design?

29 minutes ago, taxil343 said:

Can you elaborate? I've thought about trying the factory pin in an effort to remove the tiny amount of creep. Is the floating pin just used to reduce the probability of fitting being required by allowing a few thousandths of play or is it integral to the design?

If you drill the BOLO out and use the factory pin you will loose the ability to achieve the "zero" pre-travel in SA. The sear will not reset and will require you to remove more material from the curve inducing pre-travel in your SA pull. The pin to hole fitment was designed to have the "play" in it to allow components to reset while still maintaining the short pull/reset....... this is the reason you buy the BOLO..... sure some have drilled the holes out and their gun still functions fine.... but i can assure you they have induced pre-travel into there SA pull. 

The floating pin is what gives you a reset with no pretravel. The sear dictates the reset instead of the disconnector.

Three methods to locate the pin on the floor:

1. Use a magnet.

2. Sweep the floor diligently and check the dust pan

3. Shop vac with your wife's pantyhose tied over the hose.

All of this assumes, of course, that the pin has made it to the floor and isn't trapped between the cushion and frame of your chair, or tucked neatly into your pant leg.

1 minute ago, PatriotDefense said:

If you drill the BOLO out and use the factory pin you will loose the ability to achieve the "zero" pre-travel in SA. The sear will not reset and will require you to remove more material from the curve inducing pre-travel in your SA pull. The pin to hole fitment was designed to have the "play" in it to allow components to reset while still maintaining the short pull/reset....... this is the reason you buy the BOLO..... sure some have drilled the holes out and their gun still functions fine.... but i can assure you they have induced pre-travel into there SA pull. 

Thank you for the explanation. I assumed the floating pin was integral to the design. I was also unaware that the pins are different in diameter. 

1 minute ago, taxil343 said:

Thank you for the explanation. I assumed the floating pin was integral to the design. I was also unaware that the pins are different in diameter. 

No problem, Yes the factory roll pins are slightly over sized which is why they have to be beat into place and honestly would be a pain to do when first fitting the BOLO into a gun if it didnt just drop right in.