Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2017 Rockcastle Pro Am - August 18-20

Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun Championships

We are very excited to announce Mike Sexton as the new Match Director for the 2017 Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun Championships.  Mike is sure to bring a different perspective to this major 3 Gun championship.  Once again, Linda Chico will be in charge of registration and the match headquarters and we are thankful that Ken Nelson, Russell Armstrong and the PractiScore team will be on site managing all scoring.  We have an incredible match planned for you.  We are working on some awesome side matches and some amazing after hour social events at the Rockcastle Lodge.  The 2017 Rockcastle Pro Am will be one for the ages.  Looking forward to seeing everyone @Shoot_The_Rock in August.

Amateur Registration Will Open on Wednesday, Feb 15, 2017 at 9:30 PM Eastern Time.  The sign in process (to get a registration code for the Amateur match application) will be Wednesday, February 15th at 9:30 PM Eastern Time.

If you cannot personally be online at the designated time of February 15th, get some else to complete the sign in for you. Note that I will not accept any official sign-in on the on-line list before9:30 PM on February 15, 2017. There is an official clock on the page. Don't hit the submit button on February 15th before 9:30:00 on the clock.  On February 15th, get to the web page a few minutes early, so that you can fill in the information correctly, and only click on the "submit" button once the time is correct. I will email you a code after you successfully submit the information to me after 9:30 PM February 15th.  The application link for the Amateur match will be sent with the Registration Code. 

Pro Match Shooter Registration will be open on PractiScore starting February 16, 2017. The Pro Match application will NOT require a registration code & will open like any other 3 Gun Match on Practiscore.  The link to the Pro Match application will be public and available on PractiScore, the match website & the Brian Enos Forum.

Every year we get people who are not sure if they should shoot Pro or Am.  Am & Pro really have little to do with skill level.  They are about the kind of match you want to shoot. 

• Am – random draw prize table, easier stages, closer targets, low entry fee ($150), fewer stages.
  • Pro – prize table in order of finish, complex stages, longer distance targets, higher entry fee ($250) & more stages (more rounds overall).

Match Website is www.Rock3gun.com.  We  look forward to seeing you in August!!

Nick and Nate Noble

Rockcastle Shooting Center

AIbEiAIAAABDCKTM4-OHqo7mAiILdmNhcmRfcGhvdG8qKGQ5YzVkN2NhZTUxNDQyZWU4MDczNzYxYWEzZDhjYWQ2YjQxZTMwYmMwASo6Soj-nJeSaLnQFazP_Z32PYqa?sz=32
Click here to Reply, Reply to all, or Forward

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 hours ago, reg3 said:

Shooting the match and working as an RO on AM3 last year was a blast. Already reached to Mike for this year.

Looking forward to August and another fun time at Rockcastle.

You had to work with David  so sorry

22 minutes ago, kevinm said:

You had to work with David  so sorry

Working with David was great... I would not turn down an opportunity to RO a stage with him.

I just hope he doesn't hurt his knee right before the match this year.

The 2017 Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun Match - 2 separate matches held at the same time: Different number of days to shoot, different stages, and different prize tables. There will be separate registration lists and separate waiting lists for the Pro & Am matches. Payment is required within 14 days of completing the application. Match fee is $250 for Pro and $150 for Am. 

The Pro Match application link: https://practiscore.com/pro-match-2017-rockcastle-3gun-proam/register

To apply for the Amateur Match, you must sign in to obtain a registration code - http://www.lchico5u.com/ProAmCodes.html.  The sign in process (to get a registration code for the application) will start Wednesday, February 15th at 9:30 PM Eastern Time (8:30 PM Central, 7:30 PM Mountain & 6:30 PM Pacific). 

The Am Match application link will be emailed with the Registration Code, if that number is low enough to get you into the match.  If the number is too high, you will get information about the waiting list.  

If you want additional details about the Amateur Match application process - please email me at LChico@sc.rr.com.  

Linda Chico

Rockcastle ProAm 3 Gun Statistician

Can you clarify the Pro match registration?  The way Im reading it with the "no registration code just an application" it sounds like its not going to be 1st come 1st serve like it always has been.  How is the application process working this year for pro?

I'm back as the non American RO !  

Just hope the UK is not added to the banned list from  Home land .........

Looking forward to confusing shooter in the hole & hoe  - 10 years of coming over to KY still unable to understand most of you.

My personal thanks to Gary Welborn for running past Pro/Ams & look forward to what Mike has in store for every one.

Edited by gunfighteruk

On Sunday, February 05, 2017 at 4:42 AM, gunfighteruk said:

I'm back as the non American RO !  

Just hope the UK is not added to the banned list from  Home land .........

Looking forward to confusing shooter in the hole & hoe  - 10 years of coming over to KY still unable to understand most of you.

My personal thanks to Gary Welborn for running past Pro/Ams & look forward to what Mike has in store for every one.

Can't wait to meet up agine  David..

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2017 at 4:15 PM, mattmann said:

I emailed you Linda about clarification on this.

Since I am not sure what your name is, based on this message, I am not sure if I got the email to answer your question.  But Am shooters sign in for a registration code tonight.  And those with low enough numbers will get an application link.

Pro's fill out applications tomorrow.  No registration code required.

Linda Chico

Edited by LChico

On 2/17/2017 at 3:03 PM, HMFIC03 said:

We hate to miss it this year - moving to Ft. Leavenworth in July and don't know what the work load will be..I will make every effort to get time off for BRM though!

You better!  We hope to see you, she, the little fellows, and the white van back here soon!

Best of luck in your new position!

On ‎2017‎/‎02‎/‎18 at 10:00 PM, GunCat said:

You better!  We hope to see you, she, the little fellows, and the white van back here soon!

Best of luck in your new position!

Thanks! We will be down there on last day of Rock Hard in a few weeks.  Flying directly from a TDY trip in FL to Louisville to make it happen. 

On Friday, February 17, 2017 at 4:03 PM, HMFIC03 said:

We hate to miss it this year - moving to Ft. Leavenworth in July and don't know what the work load will be..I will make every effort to get time off for BRM though!

Hate that both of you will not be there  but good luck.