Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Redding Vs Lee Vs Dillon

Grettings munitions experts!

At a recent state match, I won a door prize that entitled me to purchase Redding reloading equipment direct from the factory at 50% off catalog price. I've only been shooting (USPSA) about 15 months; reloading equipment is one of the next purchases I was considering.

So, to anyone with experience in the different manufacturers, is this 50% off offer attractive enough so that you'd purchase their products as opposed to Lee or Dillion? I am talking about buying a complete setup to get me started in the wonderfuld world of reloading!

Buy a Dillon press (not a SDB though) and use the Redding certificate for Redding precision seating dies and other accessories.

If the press isn't Blue...it isn't for you! :)

Dillon press, lee u die from egw and redding competion seating die is the combo I use. It would take some doing to get me off this set up for 40 and 38 super. Everthing else is dillon because of the customer service.-----Larry

When i started reloading i used only Dillon dies. After some experimentation i discoved that the Lee dies worked just as well if not better than the Dillon dies. I use all Lee dies for my 40S&W set up and use a combo of Dillon, Redding, and Lee for my 38Super Comp.

Dillon press.... Unless you wanted to get a single stage press for some reason. Redding's single stage is as good any and better than most.

I like Redding dies, especially the seating die with the mic on it. Of course, I'm tinkering with OALs down to the 0.001" (along with case size, etc.)

I have a Redding case trimmer... Never owned a Forster, but I like the Redding trimmer...

I'd go nuts with a half-off coupon to Redding.... ;)

If you're going to be reloading rifle, then I would use the gift certificate to get Redding dies - stick with Dillon for the press.

Ditto Redding for rifle (superb!!) - and the profile crimp dies if you shoot revolver, particularly heavy recoilers. The competition seating die is also pretty nifty for revolver (probably pistol too, but I've only used them in a single stage for .357 and .44 mags).

Redding makes beautiful rifle dies, I have a couple of sets for some more obscure rifle cartridges. They are top shelf!

Their competition seating dies are said to be great as well but I don't have one yet.

PS. Stick with Dillon presses.

Ryan

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I have a Redding T7 turret and BR3 powder measure. It is beautifully made equipment and top of the line. It's just not the right equipment for IPSC. I'll be selling it soon to make room for a Dillon 550. I'll keep the powder scale, however.