Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Versa Max Forend - Mesa tactical

mitommy

9 hours ago, Chriswakey said:

I have one and I've tried to get it to go on and it just won't fit. 

It's a very expensive desk ornament at present.

It is a tight fit. Put it on the barrel then put the barrel on the gun. It fits. 

3 hours ago, Trae121 said:

It is a tight fit. Put it on the barrel then put the barrel on the gun. It fits. 

I tried that and in the process found out it is made in two pieces and pinned together. I then tried getting it on in 2 pieces. 

Still sat on my desk.

Eric,

i have not shot a match with it on yet so I can not speak for the durability. As far as feel, it feels much better than the stock forend. I feel that I can mount the gun cleaner with a better grip and a better “point” of the gun. The fact that it is flush with the receiver makes quad loading more consistent. It does make loading faster but the consistency, to me, is more important. Between the functionality of the flush mount and the fit of it to my hand, I think it was well worth the money. I opted to get the plain one and silicon carbide texture it myself. The silicon carbide texture is the way to go. If you are comfortable doing that yourself then give it a try. If not pay them to have it done. 

Eric,
i have not shot a match with it on yet so I can not speak for the durability. As far as feel, it feels much better than the stock forend. I feel that I can mount the gun cleaner with a better grip and a better “point” of the gun. The fact that it is flush with the receiver makes quad loading more consistent. It does make loading faster but the consistency, to me, is more important. Between the functionality of the flush mount and the fit of it to my hand, I think it was well worth the money. I opted to get the plain one and silicon carbide texture it myself. The silicon carbide texture is the way to go. If you are comfortable doing that yourself then give it a try. If not pay them to have it done. 

Awesome thank you sir I think I will get one on order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right I finally found some time to have a good look and try getting the forend on.

The good news is it's on and it feels and looks good. Also even though I managed to split it where it is pinned and epoxied when it's all nipped up with the mag tube nut you can't even see the join.

I'm taking it to the range tomorrow so I'll report back after I've tried it. 

I can at first glance second the comments above, it does feel better and point better and I'm sure it will aid the quads. I may end up having to buy another one for my spare gun. 

• 1 month later...