Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What to look for?

Acsr

Been installing my pt grip,  now reassembled, and I am getting some hammer drop,  but more concerning to me is after pulling and holding the trigger I rack the slide and it will hang up until the trigger is wiggled or released.  Is this a trigger bow over pre travel adjustment or something different? Thanks for any and all suggestions. Thanks in advance. 

I would check the alignment of the sear spring and make sure it is positioned correctly against the sear and disconnector. Also the part of the spring that rests against the disconnector may need more tension. 

3 minutes ago, Frank34 said:

I would check the alignment of the sear spring and make sure it is positioned correctly against the sear and disconnector. Also the part of the spring that rests against the disconnector may need more tension. 

Thanks for the response.  Took it all back apart put it back together so seems fine now.  But I noticed before taking it apart the slide seemed to be hanging up on the disconnector, and giving me the issue. 

I just got done with my PT grip. It definitely changes the 3 finger spring angle to lessen tensions. So I guarantee adding tension to both the sear and trigger return fingers are inevitable. For example my trigger pull as tuned prior to the PT grip was 2.3 lbs, after PT grip without touching the spring was 1.2 lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's exactly what was needed.  That aggressive texture is def that.  Hopefully get to do some live fire tomorrow, saw your vid and post looks good, the grip feels awesome for sure. 

That's exactly what was needed.  That aggressive texture is def that.  Hopefully get to do some live fire tomorrow, saw your vid and post looks good, the grip feels awesome for sure. 

It is aggressive, won't slip in hand! I did go over the whole thing with a stainless wire brush to both brighten the bead blasted look and take the razor edges on those little needle point chevrons in the grip. I'm loving it so far. I'm actually going to a informal indoor match tonight to unleash it on some stages!

I had hammer follow occasionally and a few of us could not figure out why.  I installed an SV trigger and the issue went away.  what trigger are you using?

I use the SV trigger system. The trigger weight plays a role. If the trigger is heavy it has a tendency to stay at rest when the gun moves and can bump the sear. Light triggers reduce that. Of course trigger return leg tension also is part of the equation. 1911/2011 three legged springs are a sensitive setup, they need a perfect harmony to end up just right.

Sv on mine also test shot today just 15 rds for function, but love it.  Match next week hopefully between snow and my son's bball I make it.  Last match I attended was middle of November

2 hours ago, BallisticianX said:

I use the SV trigger system. The trigger weight plays a role. If the trigger is heavy it has a tendency to stay at rest when the gun moves and can bump the sear. Light triggers reduce that. Of course trigger return leg tension also is part of the equation. 1911/2011 three legged springs are a sensitive setup, they need a perfect harmony to end up just right.

I weighed the long flat STI trigger vs the SV, and the SV was heavier. No idea.  Either way, issue gone now.  And never during live fire.  It only happened while racking the slide(dry fire).