Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SVI on Gunbroker

LegionShooter

I'm not an open guy, but came across this on Gunbroker in case any of you were looking for another game gun.

SVI open with J-Point

About 19 hours left on it and current bid only has it at $1125 which I thought was nuts for an SVI.  Doesn't say what age, breech face, or any of that, and the guy isn't too specific, but at that price I'd almost buy it for myself.  No idea what the hell I'd do with it though. 

It's interesting. It has the ported (4 ports) Schumann island barrel which makes it desirable. The comp is similar to the current design but can't tell if its titanium or steel. 

If someone really wanted it as an open gun they'd want a frame mounted optic which would be a bit of a hassle with this gun as they've made cuts in the frame where your optic mount sits. Probably still doable though. 

The sv plastic grip dates it. At least 7 years old, possibly more like 10+ .

if it went cheap you could get it updated with an sv stainless grip, frame mounted rts2 (or whatever optic you like) and consider a 9mm conversion if you wanted. Assuming it's in good health (which is a big assumption!) you could have a sweet gun under $3k. 

$1875 is a pretty good deal.  I might have jumped on it if i woulda seen it before it closed.  Wouldnt be too hard to take that dot off and drill it for a more traditional mount.  Oh well i dont need another open gun anyway