Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Pat133 said:

No, they don't for X5 specifically. Have to use  P320 Full Size Small Module for X5 trigger system. 

Okay I didnt think they did. I was just making sure. If they did I was getting ready to start searching for one lol

No problems with my X5. That’s definitely something you need to inform Sig. Email them the pictures and see what they’ll say.

When the gun is cocked and loaded, is the slide hanging a little bit in the rear? If so, the chamber might not be fully closed and firing out of battery.

Man, that is some ugly-looking brass! Something is (obviously) not right. Are these factory loads or hand loads? If hand loads, how long are you making them? Do they all pass the plunk test?

Good luck, I hope you get it figured out. I would not feel comfortable shooting something that generated brass like that.

On 2/16/2019 at 6:48 PM, Rescue1 said:

Do they make a small grip module for the x5?

I happened to snag a P250 (same as 320) Compact Small grip module for cheap just to mess with. The X5 slide drops on, and the dustcover mates correctly with the slide, but the magazines don't seat. They click into the latch and then fall back out.

This is my first Sig, but I'm guessing the magazine baseplates help the mags mate to the grip and lock into place? Obviously the 21-round tubes are way too long for that.

13 minutes ago, matteekay said:

I happened to snag a P250 (same as 320) Compact Small grip module for cheap just to mess with. The X5 slide drops on, and the dustcover mates correctly with the slide, but the magazines don't seat. They click into the latch and then fall back out.

This is my first Sig, but I'm guessing the magazine baseplates help the mags mate to the grip and lock into place? Obviously the 21-round tubes are way too long for that.

I could get a small full size p320 grip model to work on the X5 slide but I like the X5 frames.

You know what? I bet this is a .45 ACP frame. My mags have a good 1/4" of front-to-back play so this is definitely meant for something bigger. Unfortunately, it's only stamped "P250" and "CS" with no caliber marking so I don't know for sure. It IS comfy though, so I might look into getting the appropriate caliber version at some point.

On 2/26/2019 at 3:18 AM, WhiteDingo said:

Chamber mouth on my X5 looks identical. Going on 20k through it with no issues like that. Can you measure from the case head to the forward edge of the bulge and see if it matches up with the depth of the "bevel"? 

The bulge lines up with the bevel. The blown cases are perfectly formed to it.

I sent it back to the dealer yesterday. Now i play the waiting game. :(

I cant remember but short. They were made for my shadow 2. 

They seem to fit into the chamber with heaps of room. My old dummy rounds for my 1911s are fine too. Those were 1.125 inches and dont fit my shadow  

I've changed from 125gn conical to 122 gn flat point so cant recall the length. I'd have to measure. 

Considering picking up a second X5 as a backup and I noticed that the only one on Sig’s website is the X5 coyote. I know there are some out there, but is this signs of a new release? I’ve seen mention of it, but nothing lately. 

4 hours ago, jejb said:

Sig's have a lifetime warranty, at least if you bought the gun new.

Unless you're not in the US, like him. Australia if I recall.

Dansedgli

I believe the X5 barrels will be close to a drop in, but might require a touch of fitting.

Bar-Sto has aftermarket barrels available for the X5 if you're unable to source a factory barrel. Not sure about the export of barrels though, you'd have to look into it.

Edited by WhiteDingo
Location update

1 hour ago, dansedgli said:

I bought the gun 2nd hand too. 

Thanks for that info.  Ipsc rules dont allow aftermarket barrels unfortunately. 

I would send an email to Sig, customer service. Maybe they would ship you a barrel without seeing the pistol, if you send them pictures