Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

On 12/16/2018 at 4:37 PM, aalbert said:

Springer doesn't show one, but have you tried to contact them about seeing if they have one that is off the books ?

https://shop.springerprecision.com/P320-Optics-Mounts_c89.htm

Shield RMS should mount directly onto the X5/Xcarry no adapter required. There was another member that posted up pics of his install. The rms is a slick little red dot, I wish they were easier/cheaper to get on this side of the pond. They are super light and a better option than the Romeo IMO as the RMS sits much lower to the bore axis. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shield RMS should mount directly onto the X5/Xcarry no adapter required. There was another member that posted up pics of his install. The rms is a slick little red dot, I wish they were easier/cheaper to get on this side of the pond. They are super light and a better option than the Romeo IMO as the RMS sits much lower to the bore axis. 
Thanks for the info!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

For those who have been wanting to get a GrayGuns  P320 X5 trigger upgrade, they sent out an email this evening stating that they are back in stock... Based on other posts I have seen, this means they will probably only be available for a few days.

Has anyone heard of under barrel damage caused from using a fat rod and a light recoil spring? Scott Springer says that anything under a 14# spring will cause this. I was using a 13# wolff on a grey guns fat rod but someone sent me these and I dont want this happening. Look at the little bit or wear I have from about 1000 rounds. Does anyone have any insight on this happening?

50227191_2182140991998669_2378791057346265088_n.jpg

50006577_478889559306963_199030751591661568_n.jpg

49896714_616420258797478_1151104089195544576_n.jpg

2 hours ago, Sokam101 said:

Has anyone heard of under barrel damage caused from using a fat rod and a light recoil spring? Scott Springer says that anything under a 14# spring will cause this. I was using a 13# wolff on a grey guns fat rod but someone sent me these and I dont want this happening. Look at the little bit or wear I have from about 1000 rounds. Does anyone have any insight on this happening?

50227191_2182140991998669_2378791057346265088_n.jpg

50006577_478889559306963_199030751591661568_n.jpg

49896714_616420258797478_1151104089195544576_n.jpg

What ammo is the poster using? I had been using springer’s guide  rod with a 10#  Wilson combat 1911  recoil spring without any problems after about 2500  of my rounds reloads. Granted my reloads are only around 126-128 pf.

4 minutes ago, George16 said:

What ammo is the poster using? I had been using springer’s guide  rod with a 10#  Wilson combat 1911  recoil spring without any problems after about 2500  of my rounds reloads. Granted my reloads are only around 126-128 pf.

I'm not sure what the poster was using. I'm using Syntech 150 about 130 PF and I'm starting to get wear from the spring not being able to stop the slide from hammering the barrel. I have an optic on also. I'm not sure if an optic helps or hurts with slide mass.

SIG X five buyers beware. NOTE, I love the  X Five but the rear iron sight. However, you are stuck with it if you want to shoot iron sights like me. No other competition gun is develop that I can not configure the sights to my needs but the SIG X Five, what a shame. I have tried to discuss this with SIG five separate time, they do not care. Make sure you like that rear blade sight before you purchase it, you can not replace it with others. Had I known this before purchasing, I would not have purchased it. 

4 hours ago, aalbert said:

Could the hardness of Tungsten vs regular hardened steel be part of the issue (i.e. if rubbing, something has to give, and tungsten is less likely to be that something).

I have a steel guide rod not the Tungsten. I went back to a 14# to see if it gets any worse. 

6 hours ago, TWinton said:

SIG X five buyers beware. NOTE, I love the  X Five but the rear iron sight. However, you are stuck with it if you want to shoot iron sights like me. No other competition gun is develop that I can not configure the sights to my needs but the SIG X Five, what a shame. I have tried to discuss this with SIG five separate time, they do not care. Make sure you like that rear blade sight before you purchase it, you can not replace it with others. Had I known this before purchasing, I would not have purchased it. 

Since Dawson makes that rear sight, it might be worth discussing it with them.  A custom plate with a dovetail doesn’t seem too outlandish of a concept either.

7 hours ago, TWinton said:

I read your other post regarding this matter. As buyers we have to take a little of the heat when we purchase something we end up not liking. It’s not like the information isn’t out there for us to find. At any rate, it sounds like you don’t like the narrow rear notch width. There is a fix for that....take the rear sight to a gunsmith and have them widen it for you. I think that might fix what you don’t like about that sight.

7 hours ago, TWinton said:

I’ll take it off your hands cheap if you wanna dump it. 😉

On 12/20/2018 at 11:18 AM, jmleenz said:

Did you know you can get them right there in San Diego? The Glock Store carries them. 

Well, that trigger upgrade job was fast and easy.  I  retrofitted and tested both my X-5's inside of 15 minutes.             

That's a tremendous difference in pull weight.  One of the two is slightly spongier than the other, but both are pretty good overall.  

51 minutes ago, Archer said:

Well, that trigger upgrade job was fast and easy.  I  retrofitted and tested both my X-5's inside of 15 minutes.             

That's a tremendous difference in pull weight.  One of the two is slightly spongier than the other, but both are pretty good overall.  

Which one did you put in?

I run an X5 with a Robert Burke trigger job and a tungsten guide rod in CO and it ROCKS.  I'm thinking of setting up a backup with an X-Carry that is a lot closer to stock.

Has anybody shot a stock X-Carry next to an optimized X5?  This backup gun, while not as good as an identical X5, would be closer than my G17.  But how close?  It would be a lot lighter, for one.