Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Babayaga said:

Can I use this grip module on an X-Five?

BE90F36A-62C2-4415-873E-68A45820172B.png

Any grip module that fits the small-frame FCU (meaning calibers 9mm, 40S&W, and 357SIG) will fit any slide assembly for the same small-frame (9/40/357) calibers.

Yes, it will work on your X-Five

2 hours ago, Gviz said:

??

I have many small parts, but that one is apparently "too large" ? so I do not have one. I am not out of options, however. I'm ordering other parts tomorrow so I will see if they have one and let you know (again). 

1 minute ago, DCSigCZ said:

I have many small parts, but that one is apparently "too large" ? so I do not have one. I am not out of options, however. I'm ordering other parts tomorrow so I will see if they have one and let you know (again). 

Thanks ? 

5 hours ago, andersonj55126 said:

Has anyone started making brass mag basepads yet?  Seems like an easy way to add weight.  I have seen some for other guns that add 5 oz for 140mm mags.

That is exactly what I am waiting for!

35 minutes ago, chenault said:

How are people keeping the brass from hitting their optic?

I've tried all the way down to a 13lb spring and my brass is still deflecting off my red dot. 

Put your hand between the ejection port and the optic window while you shoot (For those who can't tell, I am 100% joking).

On a serious note though - Does it really matter if the brass bounces off the frame of your dot occasionally?

8 hours ago, Rudukai13 said:

Put your hand between the ejection port and the optic window while you shoot (For those who can't tell, I am 100% joking).

On a serious note though - Does it really matter if the brass bounces off the frame of your dot occasionally?

Normally I would say no, but it's bouncing off the frame of the dot every time and occasionally off the glass 

I had dings in my old optic using my 124gr 132PF TG loads using a 15lb spring (picture with cracked optic few pages back). When I got my replacement Romeo1 and tried both a 13lb and 14lb recoil spring and neither showed signs of hitting the optic. Stuck with the 14lb since I can really tell the 13 slams back pretty hard vs the 14lb. Been using it for about 250 rds so far and not a single scratch. 

Just got my X Five set up with a Romeo 1 and a 13lb recoil spring. Went to a range and shot 150 rounds of my 135pf ammo. The brass was hitting the housing of the optic and it left some chips on the edge already. I am bummed. Never had such problem with a PPQ Q5. I have a 11, 12, 14 and 15lb spring, so I shall try them all and see if any of them change the situation.

8 minutes ago, jaep1911 said:

Just got my X Five set up with a Romeo 1 and a 13lb recoil spring. Went to a range and shot 150 rounds of my 135pf ammo. The brass was hitting the housing of the optic and it left some chips on the edge already. I am bummed. Never had such problem with a PPQ Q5. I have a 11, 12, 14 and 15lb spring, so I shall try them all and see if any of them change the situation.

How many rounds on the gun? 

1 hour ago, Posvar said:

1500 or so.

4.1wsf 125 pd fmj 

Actually, I did notice that with the rounds I loaded with Blue Bullets it didn't do it as much.  Makes me wonder if playing with PF would work. 

Y'all got me crossing my fingers that something on mine don't change because mine has zero hits on the Romeo so for. I got a full size rx and its worked fine from the beginning for as I can see. Right now I'm running a sst heavy rod with a 12lb wolf spring ,I've used a 13 lb spring with good results also.my loads have been a 147 fp with 3.3 sport p and 124 rn with 3.8 sport pistol acme bullets. I don't understand why there is mixed results with these pistols. Maybe it's the way the pistol is getting griped, the load, the spring???

22 hours ago, Posvar said:

approx 300 rounds. The first 150 (Blazer Brass, 115gr) with the factory set up  (no red dot) and the last 150 (my 135 PF ammo w 147 bullets) with a Romeo 1 and a 13lb recoil spring + GG fat steel rod. My head got hit by the brass more than a few times during the first 150 rounds. I shot the last 150 rounds with my fingers crossed but found some chips on the housing. I put a piece of tape on it and shot 20-ish rounds and found some marks on the tape.

Maybe some variations in the ejector / extractor set up.