Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

While I can see the use of powder being okay for some things, I don't think it would fit with what I am looking to do. The cube's I am looking at are a density of 17.5g/cc versus roughly 10g/cc for most tungsten powders depending on the quality/price of it. When trying to add 8 ounces to the grip, I can't imagine that adding nearly double the powder would be the most effective. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a chance to handle a X-5 yesterday at the LGS.  The trigger pull was noticeably different from my 320C RX.  Does the flat trigger make that much difference? 

Newt

18 hours ago, Newt said:

I got a chance to handle a X-5 yesterday at the LGS.  The trigger pull was noticeably different from my 320C RX.  Does the flat trigger make that much difference? 

Newt

It really surprised me at how bad the stock trigger was on this gun, especially considering this is  a competition gun. The GG trigger kit improves it alot!

Got in the mail the tungsten guide rod this thing is heavy ?? really feel the weight up front. 

Opened the  box for the tungsten  grip module and it wasn’t what I expected ? I was so used to the aggressive silicone carbine and feel that it needed more grip for my liking... and it did not include the tungsten slug I might have mis read that on the description  hahaha swapped everything from my old grip including the stock slug. going to shoot this on Sunday And will order the tungsten slug right now ... 

Edited by Gviz

4 hours ago, bossgvr4 said:

I use

Wolff Variable Power Recoil Spring 1911 Government (14 lb)

with my handloaded "bunny fart" (147gr / 130-135 pf) rounds.

I'm using the 13# Wolff that Springer Precision sells along with the tungsten guide rod. Shooting 147 jacketed at that PF (130-135).

Mine is straight; not variable.

I've seen a lot of posts with people using 12# to 14# springs for similar PF with this gun.

53 minutes ago, Gviz said:

Shooters innovation sells them 

AH, found it. Now, is the grip module itself made of tungsten, or just a polymer grip module that they've added a bunch of tungsten into...? Unclear from the website

Edited by Rudukai13

7 hours ago, Rudukai13 said:

AH, found it. Now, is the grip module itself made of tungsten, or just a polymer grip module that they've added a bunch of tungsten into...? Unclear from the website

To me it looks like its a polymer grip module with tungsten added to it you can still see mold marks on the grip mod where it was injection molded

4 hours ago, CDRNorth said:

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know the torque specs for mounting the rear sight plate? I need to send my Romeo 1 in for warrantee work/replacement.

Thanks in advance.

The screws for the Romeo 1 are torqued at 28 in-lbs. +-1 or so. I imagine that if you use approximately the same for the plate things will be ok.

17 hours ago, Bud White said:

To me it looks like its a polymer grip module with tungsten added to it you can still see mold marks on the grip mod where it was injection molded

Damn...I'm getting rather impatient waiting on some company to come up with a grip module made out of metal. Preferably in the same mold as the X-Five or X-Carry grip

9 hours ago, Rudukai13 said:

Damn...I'm getting rather impatient waiting on some company to come up with a grip module made out of metal. Preferably in the same mold as the X-Five or X-Carry grip

are you willing to pay a couple thousand dollars for it?  

53 minutes ago, Shadyscott999 said:

For the tungsten grip module that would be $499, tungsten slug $250 and tungsten guide rod $100 so that’s $850. Why spend $2000? You are already up there in weight with the tungsten bits. $850 is already a hard pill to swallow why spend 2x more? 

58 minutes ago, Shadyscott999 said:

I shot it last Sunday with everything suggested by ssi.  forgot to order the slug ( I thought it already came with the grip) but the extra weight of the grip plus the tungsten guide rod wow ? you are right @Shadyscott999 it already shoots better. I ordered the slug and it’s on its way, I’m excited to see how it feels! Would make the pistol’s balance more neutral. Now in its present confirmation it’s very front heavy.

7 hours ago, Gviz said:

I shot it last Sunday with everything suggested by ssi.  forgot to order the slug ( I thought it already came with the grip) but the extra weight of the grip plus the tungsten guide rod wow ? you are right @Shadyscott999 it already shoots better. I ordered the slug and it’s on its way, I’m excited to see how it feels! Would make the pistol’s balance more neutral. Now in its present confirmation it’s very front heavy.

How much weight is added to the grip alone. i.e. no slug; just the bare grip.?

And is the slug heavier than the stock Sig weight? 

Edited by ddc

1 hour ago, ddc said:

How much weight is added to the grip alone. i.e. no slug; just the bare grip.?

And is the slug heavier than the stock Sig weight? 

On the website From SSI they say it’s 7oz on the frame plus the tungsten slug would be 3.5oz 

then the tungsten guide rod I need to weigh that since my scale maxed out when I tried to check.

i ordered a bigger scale to see exactly where I am. But with all the recommended add ons they made 43++oz

Edited by Gviz