Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the first one I wanted to send in, I called their customer service, and I believe I was on the "wait list" for 3 months.

In the meantime, I signed up on-line, and had two others done.

The time the pistols were actually gone was less than 2 weeks for all

1 minute ago, Spencerb1911 said:

Is there a big difference in trigger pull between the gray gun competition trigger kit or just putting in the pelt2 trigger .

Mine went from 6lb 11oz to 2lb 8oz trigger pull with less overtravel and reset. Major difference. 

1 hour ago, Spencerb1911 said:

Does anyone know if you can use the gray guns competition trigger kit with a non upgraded x5. Or do I have to have it upgraded by sig and then get the gray guns trigger kit. Or does anyone know where I can get a grayguns trigger kit made for non upgraded x5. 

There’s a guy over at sigtalk that has done this to his P320 that hasn’t been upgraded. I know it’s not an X5 but a P320 FCU is essentially an X5 FCU with the exception the trigger shape itself.

Trigger kit on non upgraded p320 FCU

The current version of the trigger kits are designed around the upgraded FCUs, and will not work reliably with the non-upgraded ones, according to Gray Guns. It’s my understanding they are not even doing work on non-upgraded guns.

On 7/16/2018 at 9:10 PM, midvalleyshooter said:

I suggest you try a heavier bullet (147) and less velocity with a cooler powder for less leading. Something like 3.8 grains of Unique has worked well for me in the past. Shooting 1000 jacketed bullets also might smooth it out some. For the jacketed get the 115 grain and load them hot for maximum smoothing.

Thanks for the advice. I have ran 147 gr. bullets, but not with a slower powder. I will give it consideration. 

On 7/17/2018 at 4:27 PM, Archer said:

Personally, if I were that concerned about it, I would do a proper lapping job- or send it out for one.

I have been looking into it, thanks. 

Anyone have experience with fire lapping?

1 hour ago, CDRNorth said:

I have been looking into it, thanks. 

Anyone have experience with fire lapping?

I did it with a.44 magnum, about 25 years ago. 

I thought it was a waste of time and money.

The gun didn’t shoot any better

On 7/17/2018 at 4:32 PM, Spencerb1911 said:

Is there a big difference in trigger pull between the gray gun competition trigger kit or just putting in the pelt2 trigger .

There was a significant difference on my X5.

The Pelt2 trigger got my trigger down to a little over 4 pounds.

The entire comp kit has my trigger at 2.75 pounds.

2 minutes ago, ddc said:

There was a significant difference on my X5.

The Pelt2 trigger got my trigger down to a little over 4 pounds.

The entire comp kit has my trigger at 2.75 pounds.

Also, shortened take up and over travel.

I bought a used X5 that was said to have a Gray Guns trigger job.  It hasn't had the upgrade and I'm going to send it in. It's my understanding that if it has an aftermarket trigger I need to take it out.  How can I tell which trigger I have in?

I installed the Gray Guns trigger kit, and it brought the pull weight down to where I can shoot it, but it seems to have a pretty long reset, which I would really like to shorten up 

7 hours ago, Garmil said:

I bought a used X5 that was said to have a Gray Guns trigger job.  It hasn't had the upgrade and I'm going to send it in. It's my understanding that if it has an aftermarket trigger I need to take it out.  How can I tell which trigger I have in?

The arm that sticks up and contacts the trigger bar is a different length. Post a pic here. It's otherwise just springs and stuff you can't tell

21 hours ago, ElJimenez said:

So do you all prefer the Grey Guns kit that much over the Apex? I’m looking more to shorten the reset then lower trigger pull etc. thanks

I have used both. The new GG kit is better overall.

I am going to be purchasing some Tungsten 5mm cubes (maybe 4mm) for experimenting with adding weight to my X5 grip module. The minimum weight I can purchase is 16oz - would anyone be interested in some? 13-14 cubes per oz, $9 per oz.

My thought is that you can grind away a bit of the grip module, then use epoxy to adhere the tungsten and then more epoxy for a silicon carbide grip. It would result in a wider grip which is my preference and add a ton of weight into the grip of the gun. If you're interested, let me know, if we get more people together on the purchase, the price per ounce will go down. Let me know! This DIY is a heck of a lot cheaper than the $500 Tungsten grip module I just saw for sale.