Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

1 hour ago, Daemunx1 said:

Have personally pretty much given up on grayguns kit any time this year. Their last update on the website was 2 months ago and before that the previous 2 times the did offer any they were gone within minutes. Both times I was already on the notification list and both times I recieved no notification. I got the pelt2 by itself and on an x5 it makes pretty much zero difference. 

Yeah it's been a pretty tease for sure. I missed on the first batch. Just happened to check my email after the second batch was released. Ordered on the spot. An hour later they were sold out again.

I wonder why it is taking so long to get a new batch ready to go. Probably supplier or sub-contractor issues.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding pre and post SIG VUG work on the X-5, mine measured ~5.2 before and ~4.9 after, not a significant difference.  However, after a few hundred dry fires, a bit of extra squeak and crunch (and even a pre-break click- most annoying!) in the trigger that was evident on arrival from the rework job has smoothed out considerably.

23 hours ago, ddc said:

Be aware that there is both a Pelt2 trigger and a Pelt2 trigger kit.

Trigger alone is $79.

Kit including trigger is $129.

The trigger all by itself resulted (in my gun) in about an 8oz reduction.

After a total strip, clean and lube my stock X5 trigger was around 4.5 lbs.

After install of the Pelt2 trigger it was right at 4.0 lbs.

Installing the entire Pelt2 kit including sear and sear springs it was around 2.75 lbs.

All pulls were from the bottom of the trigger with a Lyman digital gauge.

I'm not sure the trigger alone is worth it but I am very happy with the entire kit.

The PELT2 complete kit brings the trigger weight under 3 pounds?! How else is the trigger pull on it - Less pre-travel, less over-travel, crisper break? Does it retain functionality of all the stock safeties?

Would that be too much of a change to do to my carry/home defense gun...? The stock X-Carry trigger is great for a striker-fired action but I'd love to improve it even more

Most people wouldnt recommend a < 3 lb trigger for carry. Executing a safe draw and firing under duress with a trigger that light isnt very safe. If what you want is less travel without going much lighter the apex trigger bar might be a better choice. Though you might be able to keep the factory springs in place and just replace the sear for a more crisp break and some travel reduction without quite as much reduction in pull weight as well. Chances of getting hold of an apex bar are 100% however while you may be waiting a while like the rest of us for the full grayguns package. 

Neither will effect built in safety mechanisms. 

Edited by Daemunx1

44 minutes ago, Daemunx1 said:

Most people wouldnt recommend a < 3 lb trigger for carry. Executing a safe draw and firing under duress with a trigger that light isnt very safe. If what you want is less travel without going much lighter the apex trigger bar might be a better choice. Though you might be able to keep the factory springs in place and just replace the sear for a more crisp break and some travel reduction without quite as much reduction in pull weight as well. Chances of getting hold of an apex bar are 100% however while you may be waiting a while like the rest of us for the full grayguns package. 

Neither will effect built in safety mechanisms. 

Curious how performance would be with a GG PELT2 trigger and the Apex bar...hmmm

2 hours ago, mikek2111987 said:

Curious how performance would be with a GG PELT2 trigger and the Apex bar...hmmm

I know theres at least one person here who had tried it. You can find a post about it a few pages back. Ultimately its gonna be personal preference. 

No reason why not. The pelt2 and apex triggers arent a lot different other than feel/shape. Both of them just alter the geometry a little by changing the length of the arm. 

Was just looking at thr grayguns site. It not surprisingly states that its ONLY supposed to be used with their trigger. Of course they would say that anyway but I suppose that depending on geometry changes of the trigger and sear combined it may be possible to create a situation where the sear doesnt return to the proper position so if trying it I’d say do it safely and with only 2 rounds in the magazine till you confirm it functions properly under stress and recoil. 

Edited by Daemunx1

17 hours ago, BLUEPSTU said:

I want to hear from someone who has installed the Gray guns competition trigger kit but used an Apex advanced flat trigger with it. I assume it can be done????????

Warning: I misread the question that BLUSTU asked. I hastily read that he was talking about the Apex trigger bar but he was asking about the trigger.

The following is with respect to the combination of the GG kit and the Apex trigger bar; not the Apex trigger.

I see than Mike2111987 is interested in the GG/Apex trigger bar combination so this may be of interest.

I tried both together. I didn't like it.

The GG kit on it's own produces a very nice striker fired trigger pull.

There is a reasonable take up and the "wall" is not very high.

Part of the kit is a sleeve which fits around the trigger stop pin and reduces over travel by a bit.

The pull itself is smooth with no hitches when pulled at action pistol competition speed.

When pulled very slowly at benchrest/bullseye speed you might feel a bit of unevenness during the travel prior to getting to the wall.

I have two X5's set up with the kit and that little bit of unevenness is present on one gun but not the other.

It is not even close to noticeable when working the gun at speed.

I think it is a better trigger than an M&P with an Apex CAEK although my M&P has a slightly lower trigger pull, approaching 2.5 lbs.

I added the Apex trigger bar (GG kit already installed) and removed it 5 minutes later.

The unevenness that I mentioned earlier was exacerbated with maybe another hitch added. Completely changed the nature of the GG kit.

I imagine that neither company would probably be in favor of using both items together and I wouldn't be surprised if they actively counsel against it.

Edited by ddc

3 hours ago, ddc said:

Warning: I misread the question that BLUSTU asked. I hastily read that he was talking about the Apex trigger bar but he was asking about the trigger.

The following is with respect to the combination of the GG kit and the Apex trigger bar; not the Apex trigger.

I see than Mike2111987 is interested in the GG/Apex trigger bar combination so this may be of interest.

I tried both together. I didn't like it.

The GG kit on it's own produces a very nice striker fired trigger pull.

There is a reasonable take up and the "wall" is not very high.

Part of the kit is a sleeve which fits around the trigger stop pin and reduces over travel by a bit.

The pull itself is smooth with no hitches when pulled at action pistol competition speed.

When pulled very slowly at benchrest/bullseye speed you might feel a bit of unevenness during the travel prior to getting to the wall.

I have two X5's set up with the kit and that little bit of unevenness is present on one gun but not the other.

It is not even close to noticeable when working the gun at speed.

I think it is a better trigger than an M&P with an Apex CAEK although my M&P has a slightly lower trigger pull, approaching 2.5 lbs.

I added the Apex trigger bar (GG kit already installed) and removed it 5 minutes later.

The unevenness that I mentioned earlier was exacerbated with maybe another hitch added. Completely changed the nature of the GG kit.

I imagine that neither company would probably be in favor of using both items together and I wouldn't be surprised if they actively counsel against it.

Thanks for the info. I just like the shape of the Apex trigger much more as it is similar to trigger shape of my CZ Tactical Sport Orange.  I do have the whole Apex trigger bar kit installed but am hearing better things about the GG competition kit. Was hoping to combine the two.

6 hours ago, BLUEPSTU said:

Thanks for the info. I just like the shape of the Apex trigger much more as it is similar to trigger shape of my CZ Tactical Sport Orange.  I do have the whole Apex trigger bar kit installed but am hearing better things about the GG competition kit. Was hoping to combine the two.

This is just a wild assed guess on my part but I'd bet a whole $1.380 that replacing the GG trigger, from the GG Pelt2 kit, with the Apex trigger, has a better chance of working than the combination I described.

I'd like to hear how it works out if you get the chance to try it.

15 hours ago, ddc said:

This is just a wild assed guess on my part but I'd bet a whole $1.380 that replacing the GG trigger, from the GG Pelt2 kit, with the Apex trigger, has a better chance of working than the combination I described.

I'd like to hear how it works out if you get the chance to try it.

Def will keep you posted if I am able to get it done.

4 hours ago, MysterE said:

Does the P320 X5 share the same front dovetail as all P320s? I want to change the front sight out to a trijicon hd xr. 

You would need to modify or change the rear site too... why would you want to put a big fat ugly front site on a competition gun?

You would need to modify or change the rear site too... why would you want to put a big fat ugly front site on a competition gun?

I would assume that he wants to carry it, otherwise imo there isn’t really a need for night sights on a gun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you even tactical bro?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

All of the things that make the X5 great for competition - Good trigger, accurate, soft recoil, high capacity, ergonomic, etc - Also make it a pretty great duty gun. I'm also building my X-Carry into what will primarily be a home defense/carry pistol, with range fun/competition a secondary consideration

I got a x5 last week. like many mine shot low.  about 5" low at 50 feet. seems to be a common issue  i called them about it and they said to send it in.guy on the phone said he never heard of this issue .  i asked about just getting a new front sight and they said there are no other front sights.  If i send it in and they determine that there is no issue they will bill me.   

Dawson said that warranty issues are warranted through Sig which i understand.     don't know how Valerko was able to get them to send a new sight for free.      i have owned glocks mp 2011 and others but this has soured me from Sig. 

So to get it right i need to spend $40 more :(  

12 minutes ago, Sandbagger123 said:

I got a x5 last week. like many mine shot low.  about 5" low at 50 feet. seems to be a common issue  i called them about it and they said to send it in.guy on the phone said he never heard of this issue .  i asked about just getting a new front sight and they said there are no other front sights.  If i send it in and they determine that there is no issue they will bill me.   

Dawson said that warranty issues are warranted through Sig which i understand.     don't know how Valerko was able to get them to send a new sight for free.      i have owned glocks mp 2011 and others but this has soured me from Sig. 

So to get it right i need to spend $40 more :(  

Did the rear sight run out of adjustment? 

1 hour ago, MysterE said:

For duty use. 

I find 3 dots much quicker to aquire than the installed “competition” sights as well and dont particularly like the fibre front for indoor range shooting. Its basically impossible to swap the rear sight though unless they start selling the sight plate off of the x-carry. With one of those you could really put whatever you want on. ( I think... it has a standard dovetail groove doesnt it?)

1 hour ago, Daemunx1 said:

I find 3 dots much quicker to aquire than the installed “competition” sights as well and dont particularly like the fibre front for indoor range shooting. Its basically impossible to swap the rear sight though unless they start selling the sight plate off of the x-carry. With one of those you could really put whatever you want on. ( I think... it has a standard dovetail groove doesnt it?)

Hard to tell from pictures whether the X-Carry optic plate is dovetailed or not, I can tell you more definitively when I get home tonight.

That being said, since you'd be looking to replace the front sight with a more duty-oriented post anyway, why not replace the rear sight plate with a Romeo1 and get a raised front post, and use the notch in the rear of the R1 as your rear sight? That's what I'm planning to do with my duty-oriented X-Carry build

Looking back at it it doesnt look like it does. Just a fixed sight. Kinda dissapointing. They limited sight options hard with that optics ready plate. It looks like the only option is to get a standard full size or vtac slide if/when they ever offer them seperately but even then I dont think the bull barrel would fit so the x5 is really stuck as is. 

Edited by Daemunx1