Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

20 hours ago, HickLife said:

I also accidentally won an x5 off gunbroker the day before yesterday. Price was super low so I put a bid, fully expecting to be out bid, and no one else bid on it lol. Looks like I'll have it in hand on tuesday. I'm excited! Now i'm waiting on a holster from Ares tactical and I need to get some 17rd mags for production. I only have the 15 rounders for my compact

Sweet. You are not going to regret that accident.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone seen the Gray Guns competition trigger kit for sale since they had them back in early March*? I've been on their waiting list for a couple months without any notifications. I had the opportunity to shoot someone else's X5 with the kit installed and it was a really big difference, I really want to get one for myself!

Edited by AmarokTactical

4 minutes ago, AmarokTactical said:

Has anyone seen the Gray Guns competition trigger kit for sale since they had them back in early May? I've been on their waiting list for a couple months without any notifications. I had the opportunity to shoot someone else's X5 with the kit installed and it was a really big difference, I really want to get one for myself!

Its still out of stock. A friend of mine got his when it came out last month and I also got a chance to shoot it. It was sold out real quick. It was nice. I’m on the notification list and still waiting.

On 4/29/2018 at 3:13 PM, HickLife said:

I also accidentally won an x5 off gunbroker the day before yesterday. Price was super low so I put a bid, fully expecting to be out bid, and no one else bid on it lol. Looks like I'll have it in hand on tuesday. I'm excited! Now i'm waiting on a holster from Ares tactical and I need to get some 17rd mags for production. I only have the 15 rounders for my compact

I actually picked it up yesterday and took it to the range today. I put 400rds of fiocchi 115gr through it without even a hiccup. Gun was perfectly sighted in and I didn't have any issues with the lock up like others have. It was very tight compared to my other p320 but it fed and ejected everything no problem. 

The only issue I did have was causing the slide to lock back with rounds still in the mag but that was user error. I have a pretty high and aggressive grip that normally causes most other guns (including my other p320) to not lock back on last round, it's something I need to work on. 

7 hours ago, HickLife said:

I actually picked it up yesterday and took it to the range today. I put 400rds of fiocchi 115gr through it without even a hiccup. Gun was perfectly sighted in and I didn't have any issues with the lock up like others have. It was very tight compared to my other p320 but it fed and ejected everything no problem. 

The only issue I did have was causing the slide to lock back with rounds still in the mag but that was user error. I have a pretty high and aggressive grip that normally causes most other guns (including my other p320) to not lock back on last round, it's something I need to work on. 

I have the same problem regularly with the x5, I actually have it less with the standard 320 grip module thanks to the small bit of protection of the slide release they added. It also comes with a smaller slide release which I leave in with both modules that I dont hit quite as often.

As for ammo, so far I've shot a few hundred rounds of sig 115gr, 1k rounds of speer lawman 124gr, 1k rounds of fiocchi 158 gr and just shot 250 rounds of UMC 147 gr today. I haven't had any feed problems or duds that weren't related to testing light springs or putting my thumb where it doesnt belong. I have to say though, if the first 250 rounds is any indication UMC is garbage for accuracy. I had to spend time resetting the sights (it shoots MUCH lower than any of the other rounds, 6 inches at 15ft and about a foot or more at 75) and even then I was hitting all over the place at 75ft (relatively.) I've already ordered another 1k rounds of the speer lawman as its a lower pf than anything other than the 158gr and it's about $100 per thousand cheaper. It is quite dirty though. The fiocchi has been the cleanest by far. Unfortunately I shot a scored target for the local league today the first time using the UMC which was a big mistake that left me with a pretty terrible score.?

Edited by Daemunx1

On 2/24/2018 at 4:57 AM, Hennig said:

So no news on IPSC Production approval? Was the consensus that until a new model with no magwell was released, it wouldn't make the list?

the IPSC Production Approved list just got updated today and the X5 is now approved (with magwell taken off)

50 minutes ago, mikek2111987 said:

I love my new X5. Very happy about the purchase, sounds like it's worth sending back for the optional upgrade. Hoping the 115gr Rem UMC I just picked up for 17 cents a round will be accurate out of it

Depending upon how new it is it may already have the upgrade. When did you purchase it?

3 minutes ago, mikek2111987 said:

About a week ago. I'll have to run my serial on Sig's website. It would drop the trigger to about 3.5lbs right?

I doubt the trigger pull will drop to 3.5 lbs after the voluntary upgrade. You’ll get that trigger pull if you install gray guns competition trigger kit for the upgraded P320s.

6 minutes ago, mikek2111987 said:

About a week ago. I'll have to run my serial on Sig's website. It would drop the trigger to about 3.5lbs right?

I would guess it already has the upgrade. If you do some googling you can probably find some 320 before/after pictures. The changes to the underside of the slide are obvious enough that you will know.

I would be surprised if the upgrade drops the trigger to 3.5 pounds. I don't think you are going to get that without either the GG Pelt2 trigger kit (trigger, sear, sear springs) or a gunsmith trigger job.

Edited to add: Looks like George16 beat me by about a second or two... :-)

Edited by ddc

Your X5 is already upgraded if you bought it brand new a week ago. I bought mine back in December last year and it was already upgraded from the factory when I bought it from the lgs.

27 minutes ago, mikek2111987 said:

Shouldnt need to mess w the serial #. The changes are visually quite apparent and like has already been said if you bought it new that recently it most likely is already the newer version. 

It definetly wont drop the pull to 3.5. As far as I’m aware the changes reduce the standard 320 a tiny bit but the x5 is gonna remain pretty much the same around 5lbs. 

If you pull the trigger and there is a click every time without racking the slide, it is the old version. The upgraded version changes the trigger disconnect and requires the slide be racked in order to reset the trigger.

I tested my original X5 stock and it was about 5lb11oz; with the upgrade and no PELT it was around 5lb. With the upgrade and PELT2 it comes in around 4lb. The X5 I tried with the full Gray Guns competition trigger kit was close to 2.5lbs or so, but I didn't have my pull gauge to check it. 

Edited by AmarokTactical

20 minutes ago, AmarokTactical said:

If you pull the trigger and there is a click every time without racking the slide, it is the old version. The upgraded version changes the trigger disconnect and requires the slide be racked in order to reset the trigger.

I tested my original X5 stock and it was about 5lb11oz; with the upgrade and no PELT it was around 5lb. With the upgrade and PELT2 it comes in around 4lb. The X5 I tried with the full Gray Guns competition trigger kit was close to 2.5lbs or so, but I didn't have my pull gauge to check it. 

Good info, thanks. Where can I get PELT2? Dropping a pound or so off would be great.

Edit: nevermind, didn't realize it was gray guns 

Edited by mikek2111987

3 minutes ago, mikek2111987 said:

Good info, thanks. Where can I get PELT2? Dropping a pound or so off would be great.

Edit: nevermind, didn't realize it was gray guns 

It's only $50 more for the whole competition trigger kit, I would recommend waiting around for that to come back in stock, it is a HUGE difference and well worth it. 

2 minutes ago, AmarokTactical said:

That's the APEX kit, I was referring to the Gray Guns PELT/PELT2 triggers. 

I tried APEX without the trigger bar and while it was an improvement over the stock trigger, I much prefer the PELT.

Edited for correction. 

11 minutes ago, AmarokTactical said:

It's only $50 more for the whole competition trigger kit, I would recommend waiting around for that to come back in stock, it is a HUGE difference and well worth it. 

I'm concerned that might be too light, I'm used to around and 8 pound pull.

Be aware that there is both a Pelt2 trigger and a Pelt2 trigger kit.

Trigger alone is $79.

Kit including trigger is $129.

The trigger all by itself resulted (in my gun) in about an 8oz reduction.

After a total strip, clean and lube my stock X5 trigger was around 4.5 lbs.

After install of the Pelt2 trigger it was right at 4.0 lbs.

Installing the entire Pelt2 kit including sear and sear springs it was around 2.75 lbs.

All pulls were from the bottom of the trigger with a Lyman digital gauge.

I'm not sure the trigger alone is worth it but I am very happy with the entire kit.

1 hour ago, AmarokTactical said:

Have personally pretty much given up on grayguns kit any time this year. Their last update on the website was 2 months ago and before that the previous 2 times the did offer any they were gone within minutes. Both times I was already on the notification list and both times I recieved no notification. I got the pelt2 by itself and on an x5 it makes pretty much zero difference. 

1 minute ago, Daemunx1 said:

Have personally pretty much given up on grayguns kit any time this year. Their last update on the website was 2 months ago and before that the previous 2 times the did offer any they were gone within minutes. Both times I was already on the notification list and both times I recieved no notification. I got the pelt2 by itself and on an x5 it makes pretty much zero difference. 

I am holding onto hope that I will be lucky enough to grab one from their next batch. Did you get a confirmation email when you signed up for the notification lists? I didn't get one to my personal email when I did it a month ago but I added my work email to the list yesterday and got a notification right away that I had been signed up for the list. 

35 minutes ago, AmarokTactical said:

I am holding onto hope that I will be lucky enough to grab one from their next batch. Did you get a confirmation email when you signed up for the notification lists? I didn't get one to my personal email when I did it a month ago but I added my work email to the list yesterday and got a notification right away that I had been signed up for the list. 

I believe I did. I know I signed up for it at atleast twice, maybe 3 times. Once when browsing the site looking for one, again when Bruce posted a link to do so on the facebook post for the kit. And I believe a third time when I left a post on their facebook page about the fact I never recieved a notification for the previous batch and he recommended I register again.