Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That really sucks.... from personal experience.

Yes, sorry to say the same thing happened to me. I googled a bunch and it has happened before and some have had success. However I did not.

I ended up sending it back to Sig.

They did a "one time courtesy repair".  Next time it would be on me. Apparently this happens on a fairly regular basis as the tech support guy immediately knew what I was talking about.

Took close to 4 weeks from time I sent it in until returned.

Note: If I had it to do over again I would first call either or both Grey Guns/Robert Burke and see if they could talk me through it.

Check over on sigtalk.com. There is at least one thread there discussing this. In theory you can use a small screwdriver to lever the barrel forward far enough to allow you to insert the takedown lever. I didn't have any luck but maybe you will.

Edited by ddc

24 minutes ago, Rudukai13 said:

Do you recall in what (incorrect) order you reassembled? So that the rest of us can make note not to do the same thing...

I dissembled the hand gun by removing the slide first, then I pulled out the take down lever, then I lifted the Trigger group up out of the grip for cleaning.  After cleaning everything I put the trigger group back in, then I slid the barrel back on without putting the takedown lever back first.   

4 hours ago, De-c-o-y said:

I did it!  Rotated the guide rod clockwise which releases the slide and the fcu.

Very happy for you! I am going to try very hard not to make this mistake again.

Looks great! How's it shoot?

Have you thought about sending the slide out to Bruce Gray for competition sight setup?

https://grayguns.com/gunsmith-services/sig-sauer-pistols/sig-sights/

Also, posted this in my project thread but figured more might see it here - If anyone wants to turn their OEM 21 round magazine into a reloadable 27 round happy-stick that I *think* fits a 170mm gauge, take a look at my "Project Nemesis" thread for parts list;

IMG_1800.JPG

Have you thought about sending the slide out to Bruce Gray....

I have Trijicon HD sights on it now and am more or less happy with them.

If and when I change the current sights I'll probably see if someone can do a low mount Bomar install with fiber optic front.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Are there any aftermarket magwells available yet?  I have an X5 en route, but long story short, it will not come with a magwell.  I called SIG and they will not sell me a magwell!!
http://www.osagecountyguns.com/firearm-accessories/grips/sig-p320-x5-fullsize-943-medium-grip-shell-black-gripweight-funnel.html

3 hours ago, Tokarev said:

Thanks!  I saw that but was hoping to not have to purchase the entire grip module.  I guess I don't have any other choice.

Edited by paperchasin

Thanks!  I saw that but was hoping to not have to purchase the entire grip module.  I guess I don't have any other choice.
I'd guess you could sell the X module pretty easily.

Here is a question for yall, hopefuly its in the right place. Can I use the x-carry grip module on my p320c and still use it in production? I'm not seeing where the x-carry is approved but the x-5 is and so is the p320 so i don't really know. Any thoughts?

Edit: Ignore me I found the answer somewhere else

Edited by HickLife

I also accidentally won an x5 off gunbroker the day before yesterday. Price was super low so I put a bid, fully expecting to be out bid, and no one else bid on it lol. Looks like I'll have it in hand on tuesday. I'm excited! Now i'm waiting on a holster from Ares tactical and I need to get some 17rd mags for production. I only have the 15 rounders for my compact