Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

I got my X5 back from Sig today for the voluntary upgrade.  I measured the pulls and they were 3.5 - 3.8 lbs, the gun was very well lubricated and greased up.  I thought this was awesome because before I sent it off it was in the mid/high 5s.  Well in the meantime while waiting for the gun to get back I picked up gray guns competition trigger kit.  I just installed that with a lot of patience and youtube, then I averaged 5 pulls and now the gun is pulling low 2s.  I tried pulling from the center and from the end.  I'm worried this is too light.  This gun is just for 3-gun fun, and i am no Daniel Horner.  

thumbnail_IMG_1393.jpg

edit:  I did have a set of leftover springs in the kit, i'm wondering if they are a higher lb pull.

Edited by De-c-o-y

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, DKnoch said:

Does the original gray guns drop in trigger work with the upgraded sig? I have 3 320's and non have the upgrade. Maybe I'll send in the one I dislike the most and see how it turns out

Are you talking about the PELT trigger or the Competition trigger kit? 

I held off sending any of mine in but finally cracked and sent one in - it is WELL worth the upgrade! Adding the competition trigger kit and the trigger pull weight breaks right at two pounds on mine. I'm am thrilled with mine now!

16 hours ago, De-c-o-y said:

Has anyone swapped the sights out?  i'm thinking the fixed dawson precision front sight is sitting too high and is a factor with my gun shooting low.  So i'm thinking about a Sig Sauer P-Series #8 LiteWave® Front Sight which would sit lower and allow for further adjustments with the rear sight to bring the gun pattern up.

Dawson offers more options as far as sight heights and thicknesses.  I'd take a look at the sight calculator on their website.  It allows you to enter some measurements from your gun, as well as the location of your current groups on target relative to POA.  The LiteWave is a bigger dot, but there's only one option as far as sight height or thickness (unless they also offer a #6, in which case there are two options).  Also, Springfield XD sights use the same dovetails as Sig, so you have the options available for XD front sights as well.  It's also super easy to replace the fiber on a Dawson.

Edited by JAFO

I’m finding that I’m not too fond of the fibre front sight on my x5. My eyes (at an indoor range) just aquire the dot of the night sights on my other pistols much quicker. Would I be correct in assuming that pretty much any front sight made for sigs will fit the slot? Or as mentioned above, that sights for an xd will fit as well?

Thinking trying a basic sig white dot front in size 8. Opinions? I’m not sure given the rear sight dimensions that it’ll even work. 

Edited by Daemunx1

9 hours ago, Rudukai13 said:

In case anyone's interested, looks like Bar-Sto is now making bull barrels for the X5 - Standard, extended and ported, or extended and threaded;

https://www.barsto.com/category_main.cfm?ID=3X5&cco=135

I could maybe see why someone might want a threaded, or ported barrel, but, with as accurate as these pistols seem to be, I don't expect them to sell too many standard barrels.

Will the bull barrels fit in a vtac or normal full size slide? If so I could def see them being used in those. 

(Edit) Just read the product info that they will not fit. Cant use ported barrels unless you run open which probably isnt all that common in 9mm so dont see them being particularly usefull either. 

Edited by Daemunx1

1 hour ago, Daemunx1 said:

Will the bull barrels fit in a vtac or normal full size slide? If so I could def see them being used in those. 

(Edit) Just read the product info that they will not fit. Cant use ported barrels unless you run open which probably isnt all that common in 9mm so dont see them being particularly usefull either. 

...Did you just say 9mm isn't a common caliber to use in Open division...?

9mm is THE caliber for Open. It's rapidly replacing 38 Super/SC as loadings become more practical. That being said if someone wants to run a P320 in Open the threaded Bar-Sto barrel plus a Springer Precision major PF compensator would be a better choice than the extended and ported barrel.

Now if you meant minor PF 9mm isn't very common in Open, that's certainly true. But I'd imagine these Bar-Sto barrels are tough enough to handle the pressures of major PF

Edited by Rudukai13

I recently read on another forum that there's now a problem with metal shavings coming off the new lightened strikers. Has anyone seen this? I don't have a ton of rounds fired through my "upgraded" 320 but it has been working fine. But it does have more "trigger slap" than it did prior to the upgrade.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, racerwong said:

But both are common in open. 

don't think i've seen even one ported barrel used in open.  well maybe a guy shooting his ported glock or m&p carry gun.

Just now, Shadyscott999 said:

Wut?

well maybe my nomenclature is incorrect, but to me a port is a slit cut in a barrel (ie glock "C" models) vs a single or multi port comp added to the end of a barrel.

4 hours ago, Rudukai13 said:

...Did you just say 9mm isn't a common caliber to use in Open division...?

9mm is THE caliber for Open. It's rapidly replacing 38 Super/SC as loadings become more practical. That being said if someone wants to run a P320 in Open the threaded Bar-Sto barrel plus a Springer Precision major PF compensator would be a better choice than the extended and ported barrel.

Now if you meant minor PF 9mm isn't very common in Open, that's certainly true. But I'd imagine these Bar-Sto barrels are tough enough to handle the pressures of major PF

Apologies, I'm still pretty new to USPSA. From what I've read .45 is the usual choice for limited divisions and at the moment of writing that's what I was thinking about.

I've just been doing my homework on the rules, getting a a minimum gear setup put together and working on my shooting skills. I'm hoping to get into my first match later this month along with a local service pistol marksmanship league.

Edited by Daemunx1

2 hours ago, Daemunx1 said:

Apologies, I'm still pretty new to USPSA. From what I've read .45 is the usual choice for limited divisions and at the moment of writing that's what I was thinking about.

I've just been doing my homework on the rules, getting a a minimum gear setup put together and working on my shooting skills. I'm hoping to get into my first match later this month along with a local service pistol marksmanship league.

No need to apologize! Though I should apologize to you as I'm re-reading my response and it comes off quite a bit more virulent than I intended.

Everyone starts somewhere, but it does seem like you have quite a bit to learn - 40S&W is the abundantly dominant caliber in USPSA Limited division, as the rules require it as the minimum caliber for shooting Major PF (that's to say, even if you overloaded 9mm as many Open division shooters do in order to reach Major PF, you would still be scored as shooting a Minor PF round due to bullet diameter).

I'm sure someone will correct this if I'm wrong, but the most popular calibers used by each division are;

Production/Carry Optics: 9mm (all calibers are scored as if you were shooting Minor PF, regardless of caliber)

Limited/Limited 10: 40S&W (rules allow you to shoot either Major or Minor PF, but the minimum caliber diameter to be considered for Major PF scoring is .40)

Open: 9mm/38 Super/38 SuperComp (with 9mm rapidly gaining in popularity due to cheaper cost of brass)(rules allow you to shoot either Major or Minor PF, and the smaller caliber 9mm/38S/38SC can be used to make Major if you get the bullet moving fast enough)

Single Stack: 40S&W/45ACP (rules allow you to shoot either Major or Minor PF, but the minimum caliber diameter to be considered for Major PF scoring is .40)

Question on Holsters

Just bought a 320 RX and soon will be getting a  X-Five

Will the 320 RX work/fit in a X-Five holster?

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered in the 45 page post !!!!!

thanks for the info

Neil

4 minutes ago, jcc7x7 said:

Question on Holsters

Just bought a 320 RX and soon will be getting a  X-Five

Will the 320 RX work/fit in a X-Five holster?

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered in the 45 page post !!!!!

thanks for the info

Neil

No, the 320 X-5 and the 320RX require different holsters.