Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

5 hours ago, ddc said:

Yeah I wasn't near quick enough.

They say they'll have more on the 19th.

I'm debating whether to just wait a bit and let you beta test it before I jump... lol

Haha, good luck! I'll install it the say it arrives, but it looks promising. Im thinking of buying the Apex trigger bar to see if it will work with it too.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/15/2018 at 2:10 AM, Rjracing said:

GrayGuns competition trigger releases today.... couldn't be more excited!!!

Is it internal parts, that would be legal in Production, and carry optics divisions??

3 hours ago, RH45 said:

Is it internal parts, that would be legal in Production, and carry optics divisions??

Yes, it includes a new plunger, new sear, several springs throughout and a grey guns trigger. I’m going to run it with the factory X5 trigger during competition though, should still retain all the benefits ??

On 2/16/2018 at 9:28 PM, Rjracing said:

Yes, it includes a new plunger, new sear, several springs throughout and a grey guns trigger. I’m going to run it with the factory X5 trigger during competition though, should still retain all the benefits ??

Thanks for the information.

Please post how well it works out.

I tried checking the trigger weight on my Xfive, but, my old trigger gauge only goes up to 72 ounces.

2 hours ago, RH45 said:

Thanks for the information.

Please post how well it works out.

I tried checking the trigger weight on my Xfive, but, my old trigger gauge only goes up to 72 ounces.

Will do, it’s supposed to be shipping on Tues and I’m hoping it will be here before my match next Saturday. My factory X5 (post Sig voluntary trigger upgrade model)  pulled at 5.3-5.5lbs. I hand polished the FCU internals and adjusted some of he springs and it now pulls at 4.2-4.4lbs. The GGI trigger kit is supposed to shorten pull and reset while getting rid of most of the creep and lightening trigger pull to 3.5-4lbs... so we will see!

Edited by Rjracing

So, after reading this thread, I thought I needed to have an xfive.

I bought one, with a Romeo1 already installed, with 50 round through it, from a fellow forum member.

It showed up at my FFL, last Thursday. When we unboxed it, to look at it, the dot was on. I didn't think anything of it, because a friend of mine has the RX model, and he says he never turns his off because it will turn of automatically.

I went home, field stripped it, lubed it, and headed to the range, to see how it shot, and zero it, if necessary. 

I took a couple of shots at close range, and thought it wouldn't be too far off at 25 yards.

I tried a couple of different loads, and they all looked really promising. Whatever I put through it had 3 out of 5 holes touching. I assumed that the reason they weren't all touching was that I was probably jerking the God-awful trigger, that I'm not going to do anything with, until it goes back to Sig, for their re-call. ( I'm used to STIs with 20 ounce triggers)

So, the next day, I was packing my range bag, for a match, and the dot was really dim, and wouldn't turn up. I figured it was the battery, so I tried 2 different new ones, and it was still dim. Thinking that even though they were new, who knows how long they were at the store? So, I get out a volt meter, and the original battery was low. It only had 2.7 VDC, but, both of the new batteries read 3.5 VDC.

I called Sig, explained the situation, and asked them if I could send in the pistol for the upgrade, and for them to repair the Romeo 1. The guy told me that I had to take the optic off, and he would send me a call tag, to send it to the West coast for repair/replacement, and that he would put me on the waiting list for the upgrade on the pistol. I told him that the guy I bought it from was already contacted that they were ready for it, and asked him to look it up by the serial number. He found it in the computer, but told me that only applied to the person that originally set it up, and as the new owner, the waiting game begins.

So, I have the optic boxed up and ready to ship.

The factory sight was sent to me with the pistol, but, it appears that the screws that are supposed to attach it to the pistol are a different size than the ones that hold the Romeo 1 on.

I've had Glocks, M&Ps, and a Kimber Solo apart, but, this is my first striker-fired Sig.

Springer Precision delivered a package of goodies for the xfive, and I'd really like to play with it, even if it is with iron sights.

Does anybody know what the proper screws are for the rear sight on an xfive?

Maybe a link to a good you tube video on the disassembly & reassembly too?

Thanks in advance!!

39 minutes ago, Rolex said:

Some time the battery cover is just not tight enough for the dot to stay on or is dim- make sure its tight

Oh yes, I thought of that too. I’m surprised that I didn’t strip the threads.

I had an X5 question and directed it to Robert Burke, www.thesigarmorer.com, and he responded within 24 hours. Maybe give him a shout.

With respect to disassembly/reassembly: There are several videos on youtube, I think the "Alma Cole" videos are the best I've seen.

However be aware: There was a change to the FCU and one of the pins at the rear of the FCU having to do with the sear block area which is shown in videos to come out from left to right now comes out from right to left. This had me stumped for awhile before I figured it out almost simultaneously with Robert Burkes feedback who verified that the youtube videos (the ones I watched anyway) were for an older version of the FCU.

Edited by ddc

I called Sig today to ask them what size screws I need, and they only said that I would never find any, but, they were going to send me some.

I didn't go through my screws to see what fit, in the holes, but, Id bet if I would have known exactly what they were, I would have had a pair today.

24 minutes ago, RH45 said:

I called Sig today to ask them what size screws I need, and they only said that I would never find any, but, they were going to send me some.

I didn't go through my screws to see what fit, in the holes, but, Id bet if I would have known exactly what they were, I would have had a pair today.

They are 6-48 screws. The length for attaching the Romeo1 is .350 but I don't know the length for the rear sight.

21 minutes ago, AmarokTactical said:

They are 6-48 screws. The length for attaching the Romeo1 is .350 but I don't know the length for the rear sight.

The screw holes, in the sight are definitely smaller than the ones that held the Romeo on. At first glance, I figured a #4

I hunted locally forever to find the correct screws for the rear sight plate on my X5.  Original owner had installed a Vortex red dot.  I searched hardware stores, hobby shop, etc... all with no luck for an exact match.

I finally got them from Fastenal, SKU 23070.  #4-48 x 3/16" socket head cap screw.

1 hour ago, IndyColtsFan said:

I hunted locally forever to find the correct screws for the rear sight plate on my X5.  Original owner had installed a Vortex red dot.  I searched hardware stores, hobby shop, etc... all with no luck for an exact match.

I finally got them from Fastenal, SKU 23070.  #4-48 x 3/16" socket head cap screw.

That’s a fairly common size for guns, but, I’m pretty sure that I don’t have any, that size, in a socket head cap screw.

Thanks for the information!!

This may have been asked and answered before but I didnt turn it up in a search. I read somewhere that the new mags being shipped by Sig (square peg) will work in all 320's. Probably going to pick up an xfive tomorrow and just wanted to confirm if anyone has gotten any 10-17 rounders and confirmed they will fit in the x five full size with the mag well removed.

1 hour ago, Daemunx1 said:

This may have been asked and answered before but I didnt turn it up in a search. I read somewhere that the new mags being shipped by Sig (square peg) will work in all 320's. Probably going to pick up an xfive tomorrow and just wanted to confirm if anyone has gotten any 10-17 rounders and confirmed they will fit in the x five full size with the mag well removed.

Yes, the latest generation of full sized 17rd P320 mags fit in the X5 without requiring any modifications 

I just received and installed the new GrayGuns PELT2 Competition Trigger Kit for the “Voluntary-upgrade guns” and I’m loving it!!! Gave me a 2lb reduction in measured trigger pull weight over an already slightly tuned X5 trigger, bringing the pull down to 3lbs or less. Also reduced creep by at least half and removed any/all grittiness... yet it remains extremely tactile with positive engagement/reengagement. Really impressed! 

I also have an Apex trigger bar that will be here tomorrow, I’ll let you guys know if it works with the GGI trigger and if it provides any further improvement. Thanks again to Bruce Gray and his team for the great work! 

11 minutes ago, Stealsack said:

Good to hear!  I am anxiously awaiting my order.  I love how the gun fits my hand, but the trigger is pretty awful.

I was hoping for today, but no UPS as yet...

I couldn’t agree more! The ergos on this gun are great, it’s inherently accurate and a very flat shooting for a plastic with awesome balance. 

Just put 150 flawless rounds through it and  it’s even more of a tack driver than it already was. The over-travel is currently a bit longer than I’m used to, so I had a hard time doing quick and consistent followup shots...but this will be fixed with the updated part from GGI that’s on its way and that everyone else will be getting as part of their kit (I asked that mine be rushed for a match this weekend and that part wasn’t available yet). 

Great to hear!  I did shoot a steel match with it last weekend.  ~160 rounds. Nary a single hiccup shooting 132pf reloads with the stock springs on a brand new gun.

I did buy a new guide rod and spring to see if I can drop the power factor down to 127.  I decided it was worth waiting until I get the new trigger before shooting it much more.

When we did a quick test of reloads on my buddies new x5,  it didn't quite get the empty brass clear on two of 10 test loads at 130pf.  132 worked fine.

I expect that with 500+ rounds or so it will allow me to drop the PF a bit more.