Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone help me understand the benefits of changing out the guide rod and what kind of spring pounds I should be looking for if I want my X5 to be a flat shooter?
I found my x5 was so over sprung it wouldn't run at all with factory ammo or my reloads of soft 147 loads.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, De-c-o-y said:

Can someone help me understand the benefits of changing out the guide rod and what kind of spring pounds I should be looking for if I want my X5 to be a flat shooter?

I went to the 1911 guide rod and a 13lb spring for my reloads. The stock spring would not fire more than one of my reloads without a stovepipe.

Maybe I just got a good one then.  I'm not having any problems with this gun cycling shells.  I'm just entering my first 3 gun competition this month so i'm looking for ways to give myself the best chance to perform well, like reducing the recoil.  I saw that some people were swapping out the guide rod and the springs and I wasn't sure why.  I do think my X5 is shooting low and I need to adjust the rear sights.

34 minutes ago, De-c-o-y said:

Maybe I just got a good one then.  I'm not having any problems with this gun cycling shells.  I'm just entering my first 3 gun competition this month so i'm looking for ways to give myself the best chance to perform well, like reducing the recoil.  I saw that some people were swapping out the guide rod and the springs and I wasn't sure why.  I do think my X5 is shooting low and I need to adjust the rear sights.

Mine def shot low. I had to move it 8 clicks. Funny but I have never had to adjust sights on any new gun I bought except the last two Sigs I purchased.

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, De-c-o-y said:

What was your trigger pull out of the box?

I did not have a measuring device before I did all the work. Some people say that it goes from mid 5 to mid 6, but Bruce Gray of Gray guns, said the average was around mid 7 for most that come through their shop.

12 hours ago, De-c-o-y said:

What was your trigger pull out of the box?

Brand new X5 (came with upgrade) just a couple weeks...

Mine was 5 lbs 5 oz straight out of the box.

Detail stripped, cleaned and lubed it lowered to 4 lbs 8 oz.

(Lyman gauge pulled from bottom of straight trigger)

That is high compared to my Apex'd M&P which is a little under 3 lbs.  

I thought it would be an issue but it is not as big a deal as I had assumed.

It certainly doesn't feel a pound and a half heavier.

Edited by ddc

7 hours ago, Rolex said:

GOOD I need one-

They sold out in a matter of minutes when released today, I was luck enough to grab one though. I'll do a review on it shortly after getting it and shooting a match with it installed.

26 minutes ago, Rjracing said:

They sold out in a matter of minutes when released today, I was luck enough to grab one though. I'll do a review on it shortly after getting it and shooting a match with it installed.

Got my email- jumped :blink:- SOLD OUT__

3 hours ago, Rjracing said:

Yeah I wasn't near quick enough.

They say they'll have more on the 19th.

I'm debating whether to just wait a bit and let you beta test it before I jump... lol

Has this happened to anyone? Screw above extractor spring that mounts the rear sight plate seemed to have loosen. Head of extractor pin is now blocked by loosened screw. The extractor spring still has enough clearance to move but when trying to pull the whole pin/spring out, the metal piece in the front that sits behind the extractor will get stuck when the front of the pin reaches the rear sight plate screw. I have a springer mounting plate on top with a Leupold DPP. If anyone can help, would be much appreciated.