Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

Alright, 5 days of catch-up reading down, I've finally read all 39 pages of this awesome thread!  But it I starting to repeat itself a bit with some folks not reading the whole thing.

New question that hasn't been answered in this thread:

The original trigger has the awesome dry-fire click.  The "upgraded" trigger from Sig does not.  Do either the GrayGuns or the Burke trigger jobs retain the dry fire click?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, CHLChris said:

Alright, 5 days of catch-up reading down, I've finally read all 39 pages of this awesome thread!  But it I starting to repeat itself a bit with some folks not reading the whole thing.

New question that hasn't been answered in this thread:

The original trigger has the awesome dry-fire click.  The "upgraded" trigger from Sig does not.  Do either the GrayGuns or the Burke trigger jobs retain the dry fire click?

If you get the trigger upgraded, you will have a mechanical disconnect that was added. I believe this is what gets rid of the click you are referring to if you don't rack the slide. See this video for more info, at 1:26 he shows a side by side and explains some differences in the upgrade.  

• 3 weeks later...

I just received my X5 back from Robert Burke andthe trigger is amazing!

Very short take-up, clean break, almost no movement back to a very audible and tactile reset...and it still retains the dry fire click!

I cannot imagine any striker trigger being any closer to a single-action 1911 trigger!  I am pleased so much more than I could have imagined.

It is so very close to a clean 1911 trigger that I am almost concerned that it has no thumb safety.  I will need to redouble my dry fire practicing to keep my trigger finger in the right place at the right time!

Edited by CHLChris

• 2 weeks later...

20171221_154434.thumb.jpg.dd34234e74e6a08f8f8897af47c5d7a0.jpg

Just received Shield RMS dot after Thanksgiving sale.  Bolts on without any modifications.  8moa dot.  Glass is better than anything I have seen other than Delta Point Pro.  I have not shot outside with direct sun light but it seems auto adjust goes bright enough.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 3:55 PM, andersonj55126 said:

20171221_154434.thumb.jpg.dd34234e74e6a08f8f8897af47c5d7a0.jpg

Just received Shield RMS dot after Thanksgiving sale.  Bolts on without any modifications.  8moa dot.  Glass is better than anything I have seen other than Delta Point Pro.  I have not shot outside with direct sun light but it seems auto adjust goes bright enough.

What size of screws are you using???? My RMS did not come with mounting screws.

48 minutes ago, Gman57 said:

Still looking for screw size and thread pitch to mount this on the gun.

G

Don’t know length for that particular dot, but the thread pitch is a 6-48.  Romeo 1 I believe was 0.350” length.

i have a box full of various sizes leftover from when i was figuring it out. Can send you some forna few bucks

Edited by racerwong