Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

Has anyone trimmed the tabs off of regular Sig magazines to make them work with the XFive grip?  I bought a bunch of 10 rounders for Production use in the commie state, and really don't want to spend another $100+ on base pads right now.  Down the road I will, but just wondering if anyone had any issues.

I don't mind using one of them as a guinea pig, but tips would be appreciated if anyone has any.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, bluedevil008 said:

Has anyone trimmed the tabs off of regular Sig magazines to make them work with the XFive grip?  I bought a bunch of 10 rounders for Production use in the commie state, and really don't want to spend another $100+ on base pads right now.  Down the road I will, but just wondering if anyone had any issues.

I don't mind using one of them as a guinea pig, but tips would be appreciated if anyone has any.

I did the same before I bought baseplates.  Super easy to sand off the tabs and they work great.

No to the factory or any mag well. The mags are allowed as long as they fit the 140 gauge. Some have had to sand the plastic base pad in the back. Springer sells base pads and with grams stuff they hold 23.

Ok. So took a seat spring out, cut the other seat spring by two coils, stoned the sear, and bent the trigger return spring. Now it’s braking at 2.5 lbs. I think this is the limit for reliable function.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone adapted cr speed versa mag pouches to the x5 magazines? Let me know how you did so please.

I added rubber washers behind the stock sti insert and it works well.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

On 10/6/2017 at 3:50 PM, chopinlover said:

Wow, thought you just disappeared! lol

Glad to hear ur trigger work is still running strong, looking forward to your video

So I tried to order a new sear from Sig and they wont sell them anymore.....  I suspect its related to the "voluntary recall".

The problem you will have at that weight is the gun will fail to reset the striker - not enough sear tension.

At 2.5 lbs functions perfectly and sear resets. Not a single problem (although only 300 rounds through it)

16 hours ago, MoonJeong said:

At 2.5 lbs functions perfectly and sear resets. Not a single problem (although only 300 rounds through it)

I guess I should mention that that's with 130 power factor ammo.

1 hour ago, Jeff O said:

I guess I should mention that that's with 130 power factor ammo.

My trigger breaks at 2.5 pounds as well and I run 130 to 132 PF 147gn loads and mine is also flawless.  I have about 1,500 rounds though mine now.

1 hour ago, AmarokTactical said:

Is there a chance you could just take a stock photo of the sear and mark the areas where you made your modifications? 

I found a place that had one stock sear left so I ordered it.  I think I will just keep it as a spare to allow me to return my pistol to stock if I ever want to.  So I can probably just do a video without actually modifying a sear and just show how to do it.

33 minutes ago, Jeff O said:

By the letter of the law the Gray Guns flat trigger is not legal either - the fact that it looks the same does not change the fact that you changed a part.

I thought it was ruled that because the X5 uses the GG Flat trigger (not the PELT) that it was perfectly legal to use it on a P320. That being said good luck determining the difference between the GG Flat trigger that comes stock in the X5 and the PELT, they only appear different after being removed from the FCU.

Also, FWIW, Apex halted sales and recalled their flat trigger earlier this year when the drop test results came out. They only offered me a return for credit towards another Apex product so I won't be sending it back to them...

That is false. Not a Sig factory part no bueno no matter what GG says. But you're right no one would know if you're good with that. Discussed this with a USPSA official.

Edited by Jeff O