Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

The 320 X5 info is spread over a couple threads. You guys mind starting a new thread just for X5 info?

I'll start, so my understanding is that the X5 comes with four 21 rounds mags that will be legal for Carry Optics but not for Production? And will the current 17 round mags fit in the new grip or do they need different basepads?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 17 round mag bodies are the same, but the base pads are new for the X-Five grip.  However, the current base pads are easily modified to fit - just a matter of contouring the wings that fit into the cut-outs at the base of the current grips.

Any pictures of the X5 with opitc attached. Hope they mount it all the way to the rear to help with the brass not hitting the glass like it does on Glocks and M&P.

Tom

Here's a pic of the Optic on an X-Carry

0dd22ae11f193dcfe8ad862ee3196807.jpg

Looking for a picture of the X5 with the optic installed. Hoping that because the plate is bigger they mount the optic all the way to the rear of the slide.

I know of three Glocks  MOS and one M&P core that the optics have been replaced under warranty because of broken glass

.M&P Core Vortex.MOV

Tom

2 hours ago, attakmint said:

I might have missed it, do we have weight/MSRP on the X-5?

Street price is going to be about $850.  Some dealers are already taking pre-orders and they expect to ship the first batch by mid February/early March.

David,

Got any links for dealers taking/offering pre orders?

Also, did anyone ask if the new X frame grips will adapt to the current 320 chassis and slide?  Id love to put one of those grips on my current FS.

11 hours ago, Vizorn said:

The 17 round mag bodies are the same, but the base pads are new for the X-Five grip.  However, the current base pads are easily modified to fit - just a matter of contouring the wings that fit into the cut-outs at the base of the current grips.

Cool. Good to know. They should include at least four of the 17 round basepads in the box. 

14 hours ago, Magsz said:

David,

Got any links for dealers taking/offering pre orders?

Also, did anyone ask if the new X frame grips will adapt to the current 320 chassis and slide?  Id love to put one of those grips on my current FS.

Full compatible with the current P320 line. 

14 hours ago, davidwiz said:

I shot one at Sig's rage day during Shot.  Balanced well, fit my hands really nicely, trigger was the best factory trigger I've ever felt (outside of my 20+ year old HK P7).

The factory P320 is very good but could still be improved. It needs to be over 5lb for IPSC Production division. There was a lighter trigger on the prototype Target model last year but that chassis wasn't compatible with the rest of the line like this one is. A trip to Grayguns or some of his drop in parts will further improve the trigger pull. 

17 hours ago, attakmint said:

I might have missed it, do we have weight/MSRP on the X-5?

35.5oz with the grip weight was mentioned. I don't know if that is with or without the external magwell. 

2 hours ago, 3djedi said:

That grip texture looks like a glock gen 3.

How come it's not production legal?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Because 2000 aren't available yet. 

Because 2000 aren't available yet. 

I wonder if it will ever be available. Target never made it. Now they will probably be running full bore to fulfill army p320's and parts. I hope it does come out feb/March as they claim though. Looks like a great pistol for carry optics/ production and heck why not limited.

16 hours ago, 3djedi said:

I wonder if it will ever be available. Target never made it. Now they will probably be running full bore to fulfill army p320's and parts. I hope it does come out feb/March as they claim though. Looks like a great pistol for carry optics/ production and heck why not limited.

What do you mean target never made it?

21 minutes ago, Blue Jacket said:

Anyone know if the new X5 will fit existing 320 holsters?  I assume so, but thought I would ask.

If they are open ended then there is a good chance that they will fit since the rail section is identical. The grip is a bit thicker towards the top so that area may or may not be tight depending on holster design. 

14 minutes ago, 3djedi said:

Does anyone own a p320 Target that was introduced at 2016 shot show?

That pistol was a work up concept that was put together for SHOT.  Reports are that there was some drama at the mother-ship b/c it didn't jive with the modularity concept of the 320 series.  The 320 X-5 IS the production release of the "320 Target".