Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it's been a bit of a shitshow.

It's too late for me to not be disappointed. I'm buying another one to try and dig myself out of the mess I am in with my current X5.

If the new one bulges cases then I can sell both as good working guns because that's how sig makes them.  Competition guns that can't handle reloads. 👎

If the new one doesn't bulge cases then I have to pay to replace the barrel in the first gun out of my own pocket and wait 3-6 months for the privilege. 👎

6 hours ago, BLUEPSTU said:

Congrats. I don't think you will be disappointed.

The show seems to be with a few guns, and guys I feel for you having a problem.

BUT

For the rest of us, there haven't been any problems, so don't think they'll be disappointed.

Also helps to be in a country where SIG is doing the warranty work directly.

Again I feel for you guys that aren't being cared for by your distributor.

2 hours ago, dansedgli said:

If anyone has a spare minute and some verneirs can you please try and measure the amount of case support the case has?

I measured from where the case mouth sits to the base of the bevel and it's 14.15mm or .557 inches.

I'll measure a couple at the shop today for you. I have my old (silver barrel) X5 in the car and I'll grab a couple of new ones as well.

Left to right:

My old X5, new style X5 from early 2018 (employee gun), new style X5 from mid 2018 (rental gun), new unfired X5 from end of 2018 (November/DecemberI think)

They all measured very similarly. From the front of the chamber to the rear of the barrel (at lower stepped area), they all measured between .583" and .588" (mine). Minus the closest visual approximation of the depth of the bevel, which appears (using the depth protrusion on the end of the SPI dial caliper) between .053-.060" deep depending on the barrel, I ended up with a supported length of between .527-.531"

The three guns on the left have many thousands of rounds through them.Z5r6pyU.jpg9vjkf9r.jpg6IlM0ui.jpg

8 hours ago, WhiteDingo said:

Left to right:

My old X5, new style X5 from early 2018 (employee gun), new style X5 from mid 2018 (rental gun), new unfired X5 from end of 2018 (November/DecemberI think)

They all measured very similarly. From the front of the chamber to the rear of the barrel (at lower stepped area), they all measured between .583" and .588" (mine). Minus the closest visual approximation of the depth of the bevel, which appears (using the depth protrusion on the end of the SPI dial caliper) between .053-.060" deep depending on the barrel, I ended up with a supported length of between .527-.531"

The three guns on the left have many thousands of rounds through them.

Z5r6pyU.jpg

What's w/ the blued finish of the second one? Did they not do nitron coating for a few runs or something?

Edited by be032

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2019 at 9:10 AM, Doublehelix said:

All I can say here is that you should highly consider the 6 MOA red dot rather than the 3 MOA. I am going to be turning 60 this year, and my eyes can pickup the 6 MOA dot much easier than the 3 MOA dot for action sports.

For action sports, I have a 3 MOA Venom on my .22 pistol that I use for steel matches (SCSA), and the 6 MOA SIG Romeo 1 on my X5. I MUCH prefer the 6 MOA dot. I will probably be ditching the 3 MOA Venom in favor of a 6 MOA replacement sometime soon.

Now for more precision work like rifle accuracy stuff, I prefer the smaller dot, and have a 3 MOA dot on one of my AR rifles, which I love, but for action sports, go with the 6 MOA. You will thank me later!!! 😉

You'll be happy to know I ended up taking your advice and went with the 6 MOA Vortex Razor, now all I have to do is installed it. Waiting on my RHT holster and DAA belt  to arrive, install the gray trigger kit and THEN I can shoot it in a match!!

13 hours ago, LawDog324 said:

You'll be happy to know I ended up taking your advice and went with the 6 MOA Vortex Razor, now all I have to do is installed it. Waiting on my RHT holster and DAA belt  to arrive, install the gray trigger kit and THEN I can shoot it in a match!!

Haha! You will be glad you did, I promise. Best of luck with your new setup.

Since the new P320 X5 is coming out with a new DPP slide cut, the older ones are being discounted. We picked one up for a decent deal along with a Sig Romeo 1 6 MOA and just wanted to add some data to everything else people have added. First, here it is:

JamgPwc.jpg

We added the Gray Guns competition trigger kit, which brought the trigger pull down from ~5.25# to almost 3#. We also added the GG stainless steel guide rod with 15# recoil spring, and Springer grip tape. We shot ~120 rounds, a mix of CCI Blazer Brass 147gr, Federal 115gr FMJ, and S&B 115gr FMJ. CCI Blazer Brass shot the best for us, here's a group while zeroing the red dot at 20y freestyle, and it measures about 1.5":

zHQ7hMd.jpg

Once I got it roughly zeroed at 20y, I shot 3 rounds from various distances freestyle to see what the POI looked like. The max size is about 2.5":

j1wtfEr.jpg

Overall, I really like it. In my hands, accuracy freestyle is comparable to our STI Edge in 9mm but splits aren't as good. However, I shoot it much better than the various Glocks we own. I'm definitely considering moving from Glocks to the P320 platform because our X5 seems to shoot well. Does anyone know if you can expect comparable accuracy from other P320s? Will the different X-series guns shoot any better on average than "regular" P320s? Do X5s generally shoot better? Thanks!

So i picked up my X5 today and ran a few mags through it. Right off the bat it’s a GREAT shooter. Pretty dang flat but FOR SURE the best polymer pistol I’ve shot and I love my p10. Being that I loved it so much, I also got an X compact. Here is my issue. I had zero issues at all with my gun while shooting. Didn’t clean it first but only ran a few mags. I get home and take it out of the box to put up and notice the barrel is extremely tight to the bottom of the slide opening and it will not dryfire because it won’t go into battery. If I push on the back of the slide, it will go in but it is not right. Here are some pics. Any ideas??
c69b1b9f6e23ebf01fad5105483e41ec.jpg557ce78bff5d41aee4a59f70c7e245ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, mattmann said:

So i picked up my X5 today and ran a few mags through it. Right off the bat it’s a GREAT shooter. Pretty dang flat but FOR SURE the best polymer pistol I’ve shot and I love my p10. Being that I loved it so much, I also got an X compact. Here is my issue. I had zero issues at all with my gun while shooting. Didn’t clean it first but only ran a few mags. I get home and take it out of the box to put up and notice the barrel is extremely tight to the bottom of the slide opening and it will not dryfire because it won’t go into battery. If I push on the back of the slide, it will go in but it is not right. Here are some pics. Any ideas??

My Xfive that has maybe 1k through it, is still doing what your’s does. If I pull the slide all the way back, and let it go, it will go all the way into battery, but if I just pull it part way back, I usually have to push it into battery. My back-up Xfive doesn’t do that. Both of my Xfives, are the most accurate plastic pistols I’ve ever shot. The tighter one will shoot 5 shot groups @ 25 yards with it’s preferred load, that I can cover with one paster.

I keep mine pretty clean and well lubed. I assume that it will loosen up. Hopefully, when it does, accuracy won’t turn to crap.

The barrels all look tight to the bottom of the slide. Sounds like your gun has tight lockup and you're not letting the slide close at full speed.

Pull the slide all the way back and let go. Should go into battery fine. It might loosen up in a few thousand rounds, but tight lockup is good for accuracy

The barrels all look tight to the bottom of the slide. Sounds like your gun has tight lockup and you're not letting the slide close at full speed.

Pull the slide all the way back and let go. Should go into battery fine. It might loosen up in a few thousand rounds, but tight lockup is good for accuracy

Y’all are correct. If I slingshot the slide it goes into battery. So no “press checks” without really pushing on the slide. Although yesterday I press checked with ammo in it and it didn’t do this so that’s why I was confused. Whats everyone doing for triggers? I love it but it’s a little gritty. Maybe when I clean and lube it that will go away. Obviously grey guns but is it a huge upgrade?

4 hours ago, mattmann said:

Y’all are correct. If I slingshot the slide it goes into battery. So no “press checks” without really pushing on the slide. Although yesterday I press checked with ammo in it and it didn’t do this so that’s why I was confused. Whats everyone doing for triggers? I love it but it’s a little gritty. Maybe when I clean and lube it that will go away. Obviously grey guns but is it a huge upgrade?

Definitely worth the money.

The SIG 2019 catalog shows a "new" XFIVE (320X5-9-BAS-R2) with the DPP slide cut. Does anyone have any info as to a possible date we'd be able to actually buy one? Or, at this point in the year, is it safe to say it won't be until Christmas, at best?