Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP EZ kit trigger?

For those of you using a JP kit in a non JP rifle, how are the triggers holding up over time?  Any issues with doubling/full auto?  Also, anyone using the trigger with a XP spring or long buffer?  My AR build has a CMMG ramped bolt, Spikes extended heavy buffer and XP buffer spring.  My first attempt at installing it got me doubles.  Had to yank the disconnector, clean the crud out and readjust/loctite the set screw.  

Have no idea if JP does anything different with the triggers in their complete 9mm rifles vs. the trigger kits, or if they tweak their regular 5.56mm triggers to function correctly with 9mm blowback.  I did call JP and was told that their kit should function in a blowback gun.   

I tossed a JP EZ fire control kit in my Home build AR last year. The adjustments allow you to dial the trigger exactly where you want it. Takes a little fine tuning, but I ran well over 20k 223 through that gun last year and the trigger caused zero issues. Light, short pull with a crisp break and very short positive reset. I have no idea why more people don't run these triggers.

Got the disco to work properly then I got a broken firing pin after about 60 rounds. Happened with a gray hammer spring, regular carbine spring and 9mm buffer. I'll try again with an XP buffer spring and extended heavy buffer. If I break another FP the kit is coming out. The rifle was 100% before.