Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GreyGuns 320 Trigger is Available

Blue Jacket

On 2/8/2017 at 4:12 PM, Quack said:

The SP extended mag release is legal, so the trigger may be the similar situation

appendix D4 21.6 the springer mag release is only longer, there is no increase in surface area.  Eli is correct about the grayguns triggers, but they look close enough to factory (flat trigger fairly close to the X5 trigger) that most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference.  The flat grayguns trigger is actually different from the 320 X5 trigger at the bottom.  I have a curved grayguns trigger and nobody will notice the difference, as it looks about the same, except the edges are more squared off instead of rounded

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/31/2017 at 4:42 PM, EngineerEli said:

So the trigger that comes in the gun from the factory for the 320 X5 is the actual GGI piece? That would legalize the flat one. I still see no way the curved one is legal. I though the rule was it has to be available on a gun from the production gun list... Unless that changed...

No it's a different trigger.  You are correct, per the rulebook App D4, it's not legal.  Looks close enough though most people wouldnt notice the difference

On 2/8/2017 at 4:12 PM, Quack said:

The SP extended mag release is legal, so the trigger may be the similar situation

That is my understanding. I argued the same thing against the Springer until he produced the ruling from Troy. 

Bruce spoke with DNROI at Production Nationals and again at Shot Show this year. At Production Nationals is when he asked about the curved and got the response that it would be good to go because it's close enough to the factory profile. I told him he really needs to get something in writing. 

On Facebook got a response back from IDPA that the curved trigger would be fine for SSP but he was also waiting for something in writing. 

Got my trigger and it's awesome. Took about 5 minutes to install and it works great. The pull feels about 2.5-3 pounds lighter than my stock compact. Gotta say the actually trigger bow feels nice and has a good size flat face with a great radius.  Thank you, GrayGuns and Jeff Whitaker!

IMG_3496.JPG

Edited by Nick179
Fixed spelling errors

On 2/13/2017 at 2:22 PM, Magsz said:

Close enough?

LOLOLOL!!!!  The rules of this game are such a shit show sometimes...

DRAIN THE SWAMP! :P

In Sailing, there are a couple of rules that apply to this situation and the details are in the one-design class rules and their applicability...  I'm proposing changes to my local "one-design" class rules because they are archaic.

Basic Principles:

SPORTSMANSHIP AND THE RULES Competitors in the sport of sailing are governed by a body of rules that they are expected to follow and enforce. A fundamental principle of sportsmanship is that when competitors break a rule they will promptly take a penalty, which may be to retire.

Part 1 Fundamental Rules

Rule 2 -  FAIR SAILING A boat and her owner shall compete in compliance with recognized principles of sportsmanship and fair play. A boat may be penalized under this rule only if it is clearly established that these principles have been violated. The penalty shall be either disqualification or disqualification that is not excludable.

Rule 69 -  MISCONDUCT

69.1 Obligation not to Commit Misconduct; Resolution (a) A competitor, boat owner or support person shall not commit an act of misconduct. (b) Misconduct is: (1) conduct that is a breach of good manners, a breach of good sportsmanship, or unethical behaviour; or (2) conduct that may bring the sport into disrepute. (c) An allegation of a breach of rule 69.1(a) shall be resolved in accordance with the provisions of rule 69. It shall not be grounds for a protest and rule 63.1 does not apply.

• 2 weeks later...

So mine doesn't strike me like reset is the problem.  It just doesn't seem to want to drop the striker.  I can rack the gun and pull the trigger multiple times and maybe the 5th time the striker will fall.  If I hold the slide forward with some force the striker will drop every time.  Thoughts?  Not reset right?

8 hours ago, Edge40 said:

So mine doesn't strike me like reset is the problem.  It just doesn't seem to want to drop the striker.  I can rack the gun and pull the trigger multiple times and maybe the 5th time the striker will fall.  If I hold the slide forward with some force the striker will drop every time.  Thoughts?  Not reset right?

Take out the trigger stop pin and see if it drops it then. If it does then you could remove a small amount of material from the top back of the trigger where it contacts the trigger stop pin. If it doesn't then contact Grayguns and the will likely hook you up with a slightly shorter triggerbar that should fix the issue. 

11 minutes ago, alma said:

Take out the trigger stop pin and see if it drops it then. If it does then you could remove a small amount of material from the top back of the trigger where it contacts the trigger stop pin. If it doesn't then contact Grayguns and the will likely hook you up with a slightly shorter triggerbar that should fix the issue. 

Great thanks Alma ill give it a try today.