Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GreyGuns 320 Trigger is Available

Blue Jacket

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow that's impressive Quack! $109 trigger + some polish work makes that gun a serious contender.

Just some Asian work to it, no $109 trigger.

I did the work the weekend I bought the RX.

The farthest forward line is where the trigger used to rest. The farthest rearward mark was the overtravel. It now stops just after the break.

Hey Blue Jacket - I meant to say my old trigger parts gave me a pull of 3.5 lbs. The new parts were a lot closer to 4 or a tad over that. Like Quack, my parts in it now are all stock with full power striker. I did a lot of polishing and removed one of the two sear springs - took a lot of polish it then try it many times before I got it where it is now. I was hoping that the new trigger kit would get me to 3 lbs or less but it didn't happen on this pistol. I'll be getting another 320 soon enough so hopefully the kit will work better in another pistol.

Cool to hear that someone else was able to work stock parts over too.
It just takes time and knowing what parts that need attention.

The flat trigger isn't legal yet.  It's the same trigger that is in the 320 X5.  Once that has been added to the approved list, it will be legal.

Not sure on the curved one.

ETA:  The GGI website says the trigger was approved for Production Division, but I don't know which 320 it comes on.  https://grayguns.com/product/custom-grayguns-p320-trigger-pelt/

Edited by JAFO

So the trigger that comes in the gun from the factory for the 320 X5 is the actual GGI piece? That would legalize the flat one. I still see no way the curved one is legal. I though the rule was it has to be available on a gun from the production gun list... Unless that changed...

Possibly - I don't recommend anyone else even trying it - it is something I'm experimenting with presently and will definitely monitor closely. 

Same here, that's why I don't want to disclose everything that I've done.

13 minutes ago, Quack said:

It would be nice if someone would come out with lighter sear springs. Doesn't appear GrayGuns wants to sell theirs yet. I'm sure they are worried about messing with sear setups on guns they don't touch and may have excessive wear or other fitting issues.

5 hours ago, EngineerEli said:

So the trigger that comes in the gun from the factory for the 320 X5 is the actual GGI piece? That would legalize the flat one. I still see no way the curved one is legal. I though the rule was it has to be available on a gun from the production gun list... Unless that changed...

This is interesting.

If the GG "Enhanced" curved trigger is a stock P320 trigger and GGs modified the internal portion to change the leverage, it would be fine (I think). However, the exterior portion of the GG curved trigger is slightly different than the original on my P320RX. The sides of the GG trigger are wider than the original. It could probably be shaped (rotary tool) to match exactly though.

Edited by Jerome

3 hours ago, Quack said:

Too true! I had two complete 320's on hand when I worked over one of mine and it took a lot of trial & error to get it where I wanted it. So it can be done with stock parts but ya gotta work at it a bit!

I installed the PELT for a friend yesterday and it was really nice. I have one on order and hope it comes soon. Nice piece of kit from GGI.

I have 4 P320's and two of them I have taken one of the sear springs out, two I haven't. I pulled one from my RX and I really didn't like it, so I put it back in. Hoping the PELT will lighten it up and still maintain a good feel with it.

Side note, all 4 for my FCU's have a different feel to them. I see why Bruce is concerned with his gear working well in all 320's. Tolerances stack up.

So...

I called on the 31st and spoke with Tyrell and explained my issue.  He asked me to send a video but he would talk to the other gunsmiths and give me a call back on the 1st.  I never heard from him.  I sent the video and placed a call on the 2nd and still havent heard anything.

Bruce sent me a facebook message on the 4th asking how he could help and then never responded.

I know that Bruce has some health issues and as I told him in the Facebook message I would sit tight and that his health was more important than a stupid trigger but hes not the only one that works at Gray Guns...

Has anyone else had a less than stellar experience with Gray Guns customer service?

The trigger on the P320 X Five is a factory trigger. This keeps the price down and you can add the GGI trigger and action kit if you want to trick it out. I talked to them at Sig Range Day at SHOT Show. GGI is planning on releasing the action kit too but it can require some fitting as the people have found out with the new trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got mine in yesterday and finally got to install it today.

The pistol fails to reset with every combination of new and old parts I could try.  Awesome...99 bucks for a small piece of metal plus nine dollars for first class snail mail and it doesnt even work due to tolerance issues...

The trigger bar is failing to drop off of the sear unless i mush the trigger to the rear.  Its almost like there's not enough over travel in the system.  To say im frustrating is an understatement.

By chance did you remove any pins for the sear?

If so, did you install this one properly? The head should be on the left side. I know installing it with the head on the right will cause the sear not to trip.

0a7ea63db3955155fb43b9d96e16197f.jpg

13 hours ago, MrTuna said:

The trigger on the P320 X Five is a factory trigger. This keeps the price down and you can add the GGI trigger and action kit if you want to trick it out. I talked to them at Sig Range Day at SHOT Show. GGI is planning on releasing the action kit too but it can require some fitting as the people have found out with the new trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still seeing a lot of people saying that once the X5 comes out both of these GGI triggers will be production legal, but have yet to see any one explain how...

While the externally visible portion may look 'similar' to the factory trigger, neither of the GGI triggers are made BY the original firearm manufacturer, or are offered on an approved gun from the same manufacturer. Even after the X5 is released.

The production rules state:

Exchange of minor
EXTERNAL components -
Sights, firing pins, firing pin retainers, pins, extractors and ejectors MAY be replaced with OFM or aftermarket parts.
Any other components which are externally visible may ONLY be replaced with OFM parts which are offered on the specific model of gun or another approved gun from the same manufacturer except as specifically clarified below. Examples of external components which may only be replaced with OFM parts include (but are not limited to): magazine releases, slide stops, thumb safeties and triggers.
(OFM................................Original firearm manufacturer.)
Edited by EngineerEli
Sorry, tried to remove the big blank space...

While I agree that I haven't seen good evidence for the curved version, the flat version will be legal because GGI is supplying the flat triggers to Sig for the X5.  That meets the "parts which are offered on the specific model of gun or another approved gun from the same manufacturer" part of what you quoted above.  It doesn't say the gun manufacturer has to make the part, just that it's the same part that is offered on that or another approved model.

I'm still seeing a lot of people saying that once the X5 comes out both of these GGI triggers will be production legal, but have yet to see any one explain how...

While the externally visible portion may look 'similar' to the factory trigger, neither of the GGI triggers are made BY the original firearm manufacturer, or are offered on an approved gun from the same manufacturer. Even after the X5 is released.

The production rules state:

83 21.6 Exchange of minor EXTERNAL components - Sights, firing pins, firing pin retainers, pins, extractors and ejectors MAY be replaced with OFM or aftermarket parts. Any other components which are externally visible may ONLY be replaced with OFM parts which are offered on the specific model of gun or another approved gun from the same manufacturer except as specifically clarified below. Examples of external components which may only be replaced with OFM parts include (but are not limited to): magazine releases, slide stops, thumb safeties and triggers. (OFM................................Original firearm manufacturer.)

The SP extended mag release is legal, so the trigger may be the similar situation

3 hours ago, JAFO said:

While I agree that I haven't seen good evidence for the curved version, the flat version will be legal because GGI is supplying the flat triggers to Sig for the X5.  That meets the "parts which are offered on the specific model of gun or another approved gun from the same manufacturer" part of what you quoted above.  It doesn't say the gun manufacturer has to make the part, just that it's the same part that is offered on that or another approved model.

First, I get your point and I think I heard them say in a video that the trigger was theirs { Sig }. How do shooters of CZ P09s have Cajun hammers in their Production guns? Also Troy has stated that Cajun 10x bushings are legal. The only way we will know for sure is if someone bugs Troy for an official ruling.

If CGW is using OEM hammers and modifying them, they are sourced from CZ.  But if NROI is allowing "same as OEM profile" or something similar, the Appendix needs to be updated to reflect that.  Personally, I wouldn't care if "OEM or aftermarket of similar profile" were allowed.  Sometimes the gun company doesn't have what you need.

Nope,

No one has responded to me.  Well, that's not entirely the case.  Bruce responded to me twice on Facebook to assure me that he would get me taken care of and I still have yet to hear about anything.  I attempted to call last Friday with no success as the phones were apparently off the hook...