Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Solfest load that will cycle in mpx gen 2

8 minutes ago, TRUBL said:

been running Remington UMC 115gr out of an 8" factory barrel with no issues........hands down one of the lightest 115gr loads I've shot, actually considering to run this over the 124 PMC next season.

Tim: Factory loads are not even close to my reloads for softest. You really need to reload. I am thinking of trying some 95 grain bullets next. Thanks, Eric

On 1/24/2018 at 5:14 AM, Aircooled6racer said:

Tim: Factory loads are not even close to my reloads for softest. You really need to reload. I am thinking of trying some 95 grain bullets next. Thanks, Eric

No time for this busy boy......none at all. But the remington umc have been the whimpiest factory loads I've shot

21 hours ago, Shadyscott999 said:

Stop treating an MPX like an AR9.  I shoot 140 ish PF loads and it still has the same dot movement as it does at 125 PF.  Turn the heat up a little and it will run much better with zero difference in performance.

Precision Delta 124 JHP
4.3 HP 38

Hello: If you like to push it that fast why not use 115's instead of the 124's? I ran the 115's with 3.6 grains Tite Group and it shoots softer but I have to chrono it. Thanks, Eric

8 minutes ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: If you like to push it that fast why not use 115's instead of the 124's? I ran the 115's with 3.6 grains Tite Group and it shoots softer but I have to chrono it. Thanks, Eric

I really don’t think either of mine would run 100% on that load, but, I doubt that there’s much dot movement with that load!

I know every barrel is different, but, if I had to guess, that load will come in about 120pf, because the MPX doesn’t have a full 16” barrel.

1 hour ago, Aircooled6racer said:

I tried 115's and could tell zero difference through the MPX.  I also keep about 60k 124s on hand for the Open gun.