Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

roll pin hammer pin to solid hammer pin & pin pin

wcube2

I was looking at changing out the roll pin hammer pin in a Full Size Steel Witnesses to the solid pin hammer pin & pin pin like in other models. On the instruction card with the Henning oversize hammer pin and reamer set it says "Do not try to install this on Tanfoglio models that uses the hammer roll pin!"

Does anyone know the reason why this would not work on the full size steel frame?

Thanks

Wcube2

I know this is not a drop in change of parts. The hole for the hammer pin would need drilled out then counter sunk and a hole drilled for the keeper pin.

Was wondering if there was some reason that a Full Size Steel Witnesses frame could not be upgraded to use the solid hammer pin?

Thanks

Wcube2

1 hour ago, wcube2 said:

I know this is not a drop in change of parts. The hole for the hammer pin would need drilled out then counter sunk and a hole drilled for the keeper pin.

Was wondering if there was some reason that a Full Size Steel Witnesses frame could not be upgraded to use the solid hammer pin?

Thanks

Wcube2

Ok, it should be possible. Probably easy for a good machinist.

But seems like a crap ton of work for a dubious gain.

I have a CZ 75B with the hammer pin and keeper pin set up and thought all of the upper models of steel Witnesses pistols did also. Just looked closer at the pictures on the EAA website and saw that not all of the models above the full size steel Witnesses have the hammer pin and keeper pin.

So I guess it is a case of - If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Wcube2