Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Forum Problems Again

Sarge

Had that same Apache/Amazon Linux error page earlier today. Was using Chrome on an Android phone. 

Has been running flawless since about 6:30 or so this evening. 

Thanks for getting it all back up and running for everyone in short order

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IP was in the process of moving the forums to a faster system. In the midst of the move, they aborted due to the shear size of our forums. So it took a while for the DNS to re-propagate.

1 hour ago, benos said:

........ In the midst of the move, they aborted due to the shear size of our forums. So it took a while for the DNS to re-propagate.

Posting Guidelines
Attitude
Please be polite. Or if not polite, at least respectful.

Offensive Material
Please do not post offensive material. If you wouldn't want your 10 year-old to read it, please don't post it.

I'm not sure where this kind of language violates the guidelines, but it sure sounds like it violates something. :sight:

I told my man at IP that the forums were real snappy today, and asked him if we are still on the old system. He said:

Hello,  Yes they are still on the old side, we have completed the new changes needed for sites with large content though on transfers, so we will be processing yours in the next week or so.

We'll let you know though, thank you  

Well that just really bugs me! Just typed a lengthy product recommendation and hit submit and got an internal server error like the forums were down. Seems to have only been out a few minutes. PC windows 10 this time. I'm also submitting replies and the window says "saving" then 15-20 seconds later post will go through.

17 hours ago, Sarge said:

PC windows 10. I'm submitting replies and the window says "saving" then 15-20 seconds later post will go through.

Same system, same "problem" ...

But, all in all, not a real "problem", only an inconvenience for a FREE, GREAT SERVICE    :) 

I think Chuck posted it but can't find it now. How do I make sure I don't lose what I have typed? I just rewrote the product review and it won't load now.

So what was this all about?

This Community is Temporarily Unavailable! If you are the owner of this website and are having trouble, please contact us in our Client Area and we can assist you.

It is possible you have reached this page because:

• IP_changed.png
    You recently applied a new url or domain to your community.
    The url/domain for this site may have changed recently or you may have tried to visit your domain before this was applied to your site, if so please clear your browsers cache and try refreshing the page.
  • server_misconfigured.png
    Your newly changed DNS is still propagating.
    Most dns changes take affect in just a few minutes, however it does take some time for DNS propagation, this can be up to 48 hours for some slower ISP's.
  • server_moved.png
    The site may have moved to a different location within our network.
    The URL for this community may have changed or we may have moved the account to a different are of our network.

His reply:

Hello,  If he is seeing that message, that would mean his DNS is not updated, however, he is posting on the new site, so that means his dns is updated, unless perhaps he is using a different machine or device when it works. This would indicate if that is the case, and one or more devices are not updated yet, that his ISP has very slow DNS to update, give it another day or so it should self-resolve, restarting the device will also clear out any cached dns. 

2 hours ago, benos said:

His reply:

Hello,  If he is seeing that message, that would mean his DNS is not updated, however, he is posting on the new site, so that means his dns is updated, unless perhaps he is using a different machine or device when it works. This would indicate if that is the case, and one or more devices are not updated yet, that his ISP has very slow DNS to update, give it another day or so it should self-resolve, restarting the device will also clear out any cached dns. 

Acknowledged 

I think Chuck posted it but can't find it now. How do I make sure I don't lose what I have typed? I just rewrote the product review and it won't load now.

1 hour ago, Sarge said:

After you type out a lengthy reply - and BEFORE you press the "Submit Reply" button...  Right click on your text and pick "Select All" from the context sensitive menu options...  Then put your cursor in the blue selected (highlighted) area and right click again...  Pick "Copy" this time...  This will put your typed text into the Clipboard...

If you have trouble, open Notepad and paste your typed text into a blank document.  That will save you from typing it in again...  You could also right click on a BEnos post and paste yout text into it once things are working again...

This assumes you are using some version of Microsoft Windows...  Hope this helps...

4 hours ago, RaylanGivens said:

After you type out a lengthy reply - and BEFORE you press the "Submit Reply" button...  Right click on your text and pick "Select All" from the context sensitive menu options...  Then put your cursor in the blue selected (highlighted) area and right click again...  Pick "Copy" this time...  This will put your typed text into the Clipboard...

If you have trouble, open Notepad and paste your typed text into a blank document.  That will save you from typing it in again...  You could also right click on a BEnos post and paste yout text into it once things are working again...

This assumes you are using some version of Microsoft Windows...  Hope this helps...

Thank you. That seems pretty basic. I guess I just don't get why things are so unreliable for me that I have to think to do that all the time