Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Forum Problems Again

Sarge

The only thing I have noticed is very old (2003-2004) pinned posts didn't work this weekend.  I will try again today to see if they do, but I don't think so.  The ones I clicked on were in the Handgun Techniques>FAQ's - Technique & Visual>How Should I Grip My Gun  

Clicking on any of those links on that page result in you going back to the general forum page (I just tried it again as I'm typing this) and do not go to any topics/threads on it at all.  I don't know if this is anything that would be corrected or not since they are so old, but I thought I'd mention it anyway. :) 

and it is the same with the link (same thread) "Using the Sights: sight picture, vision, speed vs accuracy, calling shots".  That one results in the general forum pages as well.  Every link.

The other three (bottom three) links work and go to actual threads. :) 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have not been on the forums much in the last few weeks. But when I have it has been just fine.

Sarge, when you say this: aggravating after typing a long post only to have it vanish when everything grinds to a halt.

What specifically happens when you say "vanish"?

I started a ticket with IP on this. There announcement section said they are closed today and tomorrow for "normal" (other than emergency) support... So we will see what they say after the holiday.

I noted the same this past week when trying to open or load more content..  Took ~ 1min to open this thread.  Next will probably be fine..  It's been a little sporadic..  No errors present,. Just finally loads..  I've seen several minutes sometimes.

image.png

Edited by NoSteel
Added screen capture of issue.

On 7/2/2017 at 10:21 PM, Sarge said:

I have given up trying to figure it out. It will work fine for an hour and then out of the blue just lock up. Pretty aggravating after typing a long post only to have it vanish when everything grinds to a halt.

If you are using a Windows PC...  Right click on your post and click "Select All" from the pop up menu...  Then right click again and select "Copy" from the popup menu...  Then post your reply... 

If the system hangs up, and you lose your post, open the thread again and click to reply as before...  But...  Just right click and pick "Paste" from the context sensitive menu and your original reply will be pasted back into the message...  A little extra work, but better than losing your entire reply...

Occasionally when getting the slow page update, I can see an error in the Console Log (in Safari), this clears the moment that the page completes loading. I was able to grab a screen shot this morning that shows the error, posting it below in case it is helpful to the developers.

595e4e8d05ea1_ScreenShot2017-07-06at8_48_34AM.thumb.png.62dcd661d7d5592830386d03cfa8712b.png

a

Nice work on that Paul! I'll pass that to my man at IP...

IP is monitoring the forums now... And soon they will be moving us to a new system, and they will let me know when that happens. 

From IP:

Thanks, that is just saying basically it's not loaded yet, due to the slowness, let us know if you see any further issues though, I moved a very busy site from this same area off today, so you shouldn't see any further issues though. 

59 minutes ago, benos said:

From IP:

Thanks, that is just saying basically it's not loaded yet, due to the slowness, let us know if you see any further issues though, I moved a very busy site from this same area off today, so you shouldn't see any further issues though. 

lol, mine just took about 15 seconds to load new content. :)

1 minute ago, RangerTrace said:

Mine is hit and miss with Safari.............

Oops, I probably should have mentioned that. I use safari on iPhone 95% of the time. Can't actually confirm if it's as bad on PCC windows 10.

20 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

Mine is hit and miss with Safari.............

Agreed.  One improvement for me recently is that it's NOT asking me to login every time like it was the last couple of weeks.  I never did delete my cookies/cache as that is a huge headache with stored passwords in many locations.  

Running very slow @ 6:23AM today.  On an HP computer running Windows 10.

Now it seems that several other sites are also slow - may very well be on my end and not the Enos forum.

6:56AM

Edited by Steve RA
additional information

Ran the speed test - do so every once in awhile - about the same results.  I live in an apartment complex that supplies internet - which is certainly not very good - but no other way to acquire it here.

PING3
 DOWNLOAD2.9

UPLOAD
Edited by Steve RA
Copy didn't work.

Well, Howdy....!!

I am guessing that I am not the only one who discovered the forum outage today.... (assumptions..??)

Forum "went down" about 2:15 EDT and generated error messages across the entire site. 

Now back operational at approx 6:15 EDT.... 

Got this on chrome. I got in using IE.

This page is used to test the proper operation of the Apache HTTP server after it has been installed. If you can read this page, it means that the web server installed at this site is working properly, but has not yet been configured.

If you are a member of the general public:

The fact that you are seeing this page indicates that the website you just visited is either experiencing problems, or is undergoing routine maintenance.

If you would like to let the administrators of this website know that you've seen this page instead of the page you expected, you should send them e-mail. In general, mail sent to the name "webmaster" and directed to the website's domain should reach the appropriate person.

For example, if you experienced problems while visiting www.example.com, you should send e-mail to "webmaster@example.com".

The Amazon Linux AMI is a supported and maintained Linux image provided by Amazon Web Services for use on Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2). It is designed to provide a stable, secure, and high performance execution environment for applications running on Amazon EC2. It also includes packages that enable easy integration with AWS, including launch configuration tools and many popular AWS libraries and tools. Amazon Web Services provides ongoing security and maintenance updates to all instances running the Amazon Linux AMI. The Amazon Linux AMI is provided at no additional charge to Amazon EC2 users.

If you are the website administrator:

You may now add content to the directory /var/www/html/. Note that until you do so, people visiting your website will see this page, and not your content. To prevent this page from ever being used, follow the instructions in the file /etc/httpd/conf.d/welcome.conf.

You are free to use the images below on Apache and Amazon Linux AMI powered HTTP servers. Thanks for using Apache and the Amazon Linux AMI!

[ Powered by Apache ] [ Powered by the Amazon Linux AMI ]

48 minutes ago, hobbit99 said:

Well, Howdy....!!

I am guessing that I am not the only one who discovered the forum outage today.... (assumptions..??)

Forum "went down" about 2:15 EDT and generated error messages across the entire site. 

Now back operational at approx 6:15 EDT.... 

Yeah, it was out for sure.