Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Czechmate optic mount on TS Orange?

Rudukai13

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry about the delay on photos... Sun got in my eyes, too hot/also too cold... whatever... Pick your excuse... I'm lazy and more than a little forgetful.  :D

Turns out, I don't think it will.  Haven't bought the slide ride yet, but now that I'm looking at it I think the rib on top of the slide won't allow for enough clearance for the optic.

Bummer.... Looks like I'll be selling this mount.

Check it out:

IMG_1215.PNG

IMG_1216.PNG

IMG_1217.PNG

Edited by Ontos
Edited for clarity.

• 2 weeks later...

This mount works fine, tho you'll need to remove it every time you want to remove the slide, or else remove the rear sight.

https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/red-dot-mounting/czc-rts-czech-mate-scope-mount.html

Talked to CZ about regularly removing it and guy said the threads in frame should not be bothered - just dont strip em by overtightening. I use a drop, a tiny one, of blue loctite. Also seems fine to use only two screws, tho haven't it shot it enuf yet to be sure

Edited by midatlantic

• 2 weeks later...
This mount works fine, tho you'll need to remove it every time you want to remove the slide, or else remove the rear sight.
https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/red-dot-mounting/czc-rts-czech-mate-scope-mount.html

Talked to CZ about regularly removing it and guy said the threads in frame should not be bothered - just dont strip em by overtightening. I use a drop, a tiny one, of blue loctite. Also seems fine to use only two screws, tho haven't it shot it enuf yet to be sure

That shouldn't be an issue if you install the slide racker, correct?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know if the CZC Czechmate Multi Optic Slide mount work? That might be an alternative to the CMore mount. 

https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/czech-mate-specific-parts/multi-optic-side-scope-mount.html

It seems doubtful since it's a direct replacement of the original mount and the original mount only fits a slide with the tricut.

9 hours ago, Zuma said:

Does anyone know if the CZC Czechmate Multi Optic Slide mount work? That might be an alternative to the CMore mount. 

https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/czech-mate-specific-parts/multi-optic-side-scope-mount.html

I can confirm that the CZ Custom shop frame mount won't work on a stock CZ TS Orange until you mill a slot on the underside of the mount to clear the rib on the top of the slide. Recently I bought both the frame mount and the slide mount at CZ Custom Shop while I was in Phoenix visiting my daughter's family. The slide mount fit my slide perfectly and I mounted a Viper 3 moa red dot to it. 1500 rds later nothing has loosened up and it works great. The part can be found here.  https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/red-dot-mounting.html   I am currently having a friend mill the slot needed in the Czechmate frame mount so I can mount the Viper red dot to the frame. I like the idea of less shock and battering for the red dot. Ideally I would like to fabricate a mount to put a Matchdot optic close to the slide but not on the slide. I realize that in competition I would be at a disadvantage for a pistol with a frame mounted optic but I only shoot at club level events so no matter.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I am also interest to know if the regular CM C More mount will work. I know there is talk of the TSO not having the same tri top slide cuts, but would that make the standard mount not work? I assume the underbody of the mount could be milled if needed for clearance. I have a mount on order so I will be able to tell when it arrives, I just would rather know the answer now since its an International order that may take some time. Thanks.

On 7/15/2017 at 10:25 PM, Rudukai13 said:

Awesome! What about the standard C-More Slideride mount though? That still wouldn't fit, correct?

• 1 month later...

Did anyone ever get a CMore Slideride onto their TSO?

CZC makes a mount to fit the TSO slide, but I don't think a Slideride will fit that mount. Maybe it could after a couple drilled and tapped holes into the mount?

Any opinions on whether I should forget the Slideride?

Should I switch to the RTS2 or the STS2?

Before my current setup, I borrowed a friend’s cm mount with slideride to test fit on my TSO. The holes match but the mount’s vertical part rubs against the slide. So I checked CZC parts offerings and ended buying the correct mount, P/N 10526. I installed this on my TSO and tried installing the Cmore slide ride but it will not work with any of the existing holes. It’s not hard to drill and tap holes for it but I didn’t want to because I already have a Romeo 1 on hand. 

For simplicity and ease, I recommend just getting the RTS2 or STS2.

You can try using some washers or spacers and mount the CM slide ride mount if you really want to go that route.

Before my current setup, I borrowed a friend’s cm mount with slideride to test fit on my TSO. The holes match but the mount’s vertical part rubs against the slide. So I checked CZC parts offerings and ended buying the correct mount, P/N 10526. I installed this on my TSO and tried installing the Cmore slide ride but it will not work with any of the existing holes. It’s not hard to drill and tap holes for it but I didn’t want to because I already have a Romeo 1 on hand.   

For simplicity and ease, I recommend just getting the RTS2 or STS2.

You can try using some washers or spacers and mount the CM slide ride mount if you really want to go that route.

Is your current setup the CZC 10525 mount with the Romeo1? 

Are there any advantages of the Slideride over the smaller red dots e.g, the STS/RTS2?

On 5/26/2018 at 9:53 AM, sixsixnine said:

I'm curious what the point of this is.  Are you guys shooting in Open?

Or is it just for range toy purposes?

It would make for a (relatively) affordable Open Division gun in either 3 Gun or Steel matches, where you only have to shoot minor pf or even *gasp* factory ammo

On 5/26/2018 at 11:53 AM, sixsixnine said:

I'm curious what the point of this is.  Are you guys shooting in Open?

Or is it just for range toy purposes?

The point is having fun with it.

15 hours ago, Rudukai13 said:

It would make for a (relatively) affordable Open Division gun in either 3 Gun or Steel matches, where you only have to shoot minor pf or even *gasp* factory ammo

Got it.  It just seemed like a Limited gun with an optic slapped on it would be at a noticeable disadvantage compared to "actual" Open guns running comps. 

I don't shoot a lot of 3 gun or Steel Challenge, but I can see how it'd work alright for those. 

14 hours ago, George16 said:

The point is having fun with it.

Range toy purposes, then.  Roger that.

• 2 years later...

I have a TSO Orange, Czechmate, & Parrot; all three will accept the exact same mounts, including those that mount a C-More sideways (horizontally) to lower the sightline.  Various aftermarket gas pedals will interchange as well though some are somewhat cramped on the horizontal mounts.

If you try an aftermarket mount on either, you need to check the mounting bolt length because the forward two (2) of those usually supplied will most likely protrude inside the dust cover and rub against the slide if not cut down lengthwise.

CZ Custom has a most interesting option in their mount for the C-More RTS2 (it will fit all three)7.  One caveat for any mount: your slide can't wear a rear sight blade without having to remove the optics mount each time you dismount the slide. 

On 5/26/2018 at 12:49 AM, robert.a.brewer. said:

Did anyone ever get a CMore Slideride onto their TSO?

CZC makes a mount to fit the TSO slide, but I don't think a Slideride will fit that mount. Maybe it could after a couple drilled and tapped holes into the mount?

Any opinions on whether I should forget the Slideride?

Should I switch to the RTS2 or the STS2?

I have a TSO & the mounts in question needed no modification to fit

maybe there were changes

I have TSO, Czechmate & Parrot ... I swap mounts between them ... a CZ Custom for the C-More RTS2, 2 Stock CZ/C-More Sliderides & an aftermarket horizontal mount C-More Slideride